What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble? - Page 23
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by winnre View Post
    Okay here is one for you. You see a cop shooting at a fleeing vehicle. Maybe you can shoot the driver. Or the tires. Or block the vehicle with yours. Or somehow get involved. I mean if the cop is using deadly force on someone running away then surely he must be a terrorist or something?

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/b...hot_at_9_times

The thing about jumping right in is that you will of course assume the cop is always right, and when he is not, now you are in the same boat as he is.
    A fleeing vehicle?? Doesn't fit the original scenario of a LEO "in trouble". You're comparing apples to oranges.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    You have just PROVEN that you havent read much, if any of the posts in this thread.....
    What are you talking about? Was I talking to you? What do you think this thread is about?
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

4. I just wonder how many of you would help some woman being severely beaten down or some old lady with a cane being robbed.

Iím not saying every time you see a cop (or anyone) struggling with someone you should jump in because sometime it is better to be a good witness. But, if a cop (or anyone) looks like he/she is in trouble (his/her life being threatened) and if I feel that I can help, Iím not going stand around and just let them die. Remember, cops are people too.

As for the people that think they are always getting harassed by cops, maybe you should think about why. There must be something you are doing to get so called harassed because not all people have problems with the law. You know who you are.
    If you take all the guns off the street, you still will have a crime problem.
    If you take the criminals off the street, you cannot have a gun problem.

5. Call 911 and be a good witness???? really??? I don't agree.....so be a good witness to a law enforcement officer being beaten by some one and maybe being killed.....My thoughts are if your a legal permit carrying citizen and you just sit back and watch something like that and do nothing..........YOU SUCK. Sorry I'm not just gonna sit back and watch that.

JSDinTexas Guest
    In my youth I was not in love with LEO types, but as I got older, and maybe a little smarter, I began to better understand the relationship between law enforcement and the public. I once heard that if a person has no respect for a representative of the law, they certainly have no respect for the ordinary citizen. An orderly, law abiding society cannot allow this.
    I would help any LEO, or anyone else in trouble in a NY minute.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    In my youth I was not in love with LEO types, but as I got older, and maybe a little smarter, I began to better understand the relationship between law enforcement and the public. I once heard that if a person has no respect for a representative of the law, they certainly have no respect for the ordinary citizen. An orderly, law abiding society cannot allow this.
    I would help any LEO, or anyone else in trouble in a NY minute.
    I really do not know why it would make any difference if it was a LEO in trouble rather than an ordinary citizen. Of course we "assume" that the LEO is trained to handle the situation better than a little old lady but how about if the person in toruble was a martial arts expert or some other well trained person. If they need help then the amount you could provide would depend on the type of troble they were in but it would not matter to me one way or the other, they are "human beings". Of course the definition of "human being" may not always apply such as if the little old lady was Nancy Pelosi.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Pelosi? Hmmm. I might hold back a minute or two. But if I did save her, afterwards she would sure get a lesson on what this United States govt is really all about, and it ain't what she thinks.

fudo...............

Arent you supposed to travel QUIETLY Brother?
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    What are you talking about? Was I talking to you? What do you think this thread is about?
    Well, I see I need to explain it to you,..... . you have PROVEN by what you have written that you have NOT read very many of the posts on this thread ........

One of the MAJOR themes in this entire thread (that you cannot seem to comprehend....) is that sometimes THE COPS MAY BE THE BAD GUYS........

Quote Originally Posted by ID9mm View Post
    I knew you would have something to say. Just look at all your post's. You right away assume just because someone is a cop they must be bad. You make it clear that you could not get along with a cop if it was the last thing you ever did. So what side of the law are you on?
    Really? You have made some very bold accusations here.... maybe you need to take your blinders off and try to see what words were actually written, and by whom.....

Instead of sidetracking with more accusations, you might want to actually go find that PROOF ( that you just quoted me asking for) to back up what you said earlier.......

Yours is ANOTHER example of someone that has NOT actually read or comprehended what was written...... You need to go and ACTUALLY READ ALL of my posts BEFORE you go accusing me of anything.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast