What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble? - Page 24
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble?

1. So are some of you saying that you would not help a cop just because there are a few bad ones out there? That's the same as saying you would not help a kid because there are a few bad ones in the neighborhood. What about the innocent ones? Should we just let them die just because there are a few bad cops or a few bad kids on the block? So are all people bad just because some of the people are bad?

I know there are a few bad cops out there but that's not a good enough reason to me to just let one die; at least not if I thought there was something I could do to help him.

Not every cop should be judged the same as a few bad cops. That is called Prejudiced.

If a person wants respect from the law they need to respect the law.
    If you take all the guns off the street, you still will have a crime problem.
    If you take the criminals off the street, you cannot have a gun problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Profisher777 View Post
    Really? You would just let an officer die? Also you may have misinterpreted my meaning. Sure you have to THINK! but THINKING too much can be bad too. The question was would you help a LEO if needed be? I seen the video that the OP was referring to, and if I were a witness, without a doubt I would step in. Sir you are thinking too much and nit picking my post out of proportion.
    So now all officers in trouble die without civilian assistance? But back to the question, would I help a LEO. Well how many times are we told by police (on the 6pm news) to simply be a good witness? That is all I hear them say. Makes me think if I help I'll be interfering. They condition people to stay out of the way. If you have heard officer advice to be anything else, please post it!

Quote Originally Posted by winnre View Post
    So now all officers in trouble die without civilian assistance? But back to the question, would I help a LEO. Well how many times are we told by police (on the 6pm news) to simply be a good witness? That is all I hear them say. Makes me think if I help I'll be interfering. They condition people to stay out of the way. If you have heard officer advice to be anything else, please post it!
    Hit the nail on the head!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

5. I would help, but not because it was an LEO. It doesn't matter if that cop has smoked dope, stolen, framed, murdered etc. It also doesn't matter if they are a "captain America" poster boy cop. You help because you see another person in danger. Obviously by making the decision to go buy a firearm for protection and then going the extra step to get a permit to carry it around with you for protection, you take on a certain responsibility. Here in Indiana we have the "third party" rule, so lethal force is authorized to protect someone else the same as you would yourself. Lets try this...Same scenario, but it was a couple gang bangers working over some 90lb female. I'm sure most of you would stop to help. That also doesn't mean that the woman hasn't stolen, drank and drove, or just got through putting her kids in a car and driving it into a lake! I get it that LEO's are held to a higher standard than civilians and that is true, I'm not saying its ok. At the same time like someone said before you have no Legal obligation to help anyone, so if you choose not to that is your decision and it should be respected. No sense in getting yourself killed for a stranger, but personally...I would help.

While working Armed Security, I have been on site with Deputy's, and helped out 4 or 5 times. Standing in as back up, till their own people arrived. Gated Community's, once not.

Did not shoot any one! But I was appreciated at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    I would help, but not because it was an LEO. It doesn't matter if that cop has smoked dope, stolen, framed, murdered etc. It also doesn't matter if they are a "captain America" poster boy cop. You help because you see another person in danger. Obviously by making the decision to go buy a firearm for protection and then going the extra step to get a permit to carry it around with you for protection, you take on a certain responsibility. Here in Indiana we have the "third party" rule, so lethal force is authorized to protect someone else the same as you would yourself. Lets try this...Same scenario, but it was a couple gang bangers working over some 90lb female. I'm sure most of you would stop to help. That also doesn't mean that the woman hasn't stolen, drank and drove, or just got through putting her kids in a car and driving it into a lake! I get it that LEO's are held to a higher standard than civilians and that is true, I'm not saying its ok. At the same time like someone said before you have no Legal obligation to help anyone, so if you choose not to that is your decision and it should be respected. No sense in getting yourself killed for a stranger, but personally...I would help.
    I agree with all you say except that once you have permit and gun you have a certain responsibility. The only responsibility that comes with your permit or gun is to use it wisely and responsibily. Your responsibility or right to help is no more than anyone else's, just that now you have one more tool to help with. Having a gun with or without a permit does not make you into some kind of deputy but you are still the same person as before just an armed citizen. The responsibility to help is from being a human being, not from a gun or permit.

Just a thought or two and I will use an example to try to make a point. Stopping to aid the (officer) cop is preventing the bad guy (criminal) from killing the officer and moving on to rape and pillage.

Now if you dislike the officer, let nature takes it course and you can go back to the ancient hue and cry(a brief history of British Poicing).

With the bad guy trying to get the officers firearm, it might not be the greatest thing to put an extra firearm in the picture assuming that the bad guy would have a second hangun to try to grab.

What you need is something like a tire tool might be the best approach to take. Inserting a second pistol into the fight could be the worst thing to do.

A stick pin into the neck would be an interesting item to use.

just my 2 cents

thanks
    Pat Olvey, Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    email [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post
    Just a thought or two and I will use an example to try to make a point. Stopping to aid the (officer) cop is preventing the bad guy (criminal) from killing the officer and moving on to rape and pillage.

Now if you dislike the officer, let nature takes it course and you can go back to the ancient hue and cry(a brief history of British Poicing).

With the bad guy trying to get the officers firearm, it might not be the greatest thing to put an extra firearm in the picture assuming that the bad guy would have a second hangun to try to grab.

What you need is something like a tire tool might be the best approach to take. Inserting a second pistol into the fight could be the worst thing to do.

A stick pin into the neck would be an interesting item to use.

just my 2 cents

thanks
    Please give us PROOF that you know for a fact that the cop is the good guy like you said, and the one not in uniform is the "bad" guy.... (barring actually knowing the officer beforehand, that is NOT the example given in the OP)

10. I would assist them unless it was one of the cops that gives me a hard time when i open carry,
    in that case i would just stand there with 45 on hip and record incident on cell phone video.

hehe,

I was vacillating over actively help vs. stand back and observe.

After this abomination: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/polit...your-home.html

Screw `em. If they think they can barge into my home illegally and I have no immediate recourse, absolutely screw `em.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast