What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble? - Page 4
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble?

Of course I would help. Any good citizen would help.

One thing this thread has shown is that there are a bunch of bitter, police-hating crazies posting on this site. I'm a bit in shock by the answers I've seen.

We should have made this a poll. Think we would see there are 5 or 10 times more "good people" who would aid a fellow human being (or at least would like to think they would) than the callous, authority hating/fearing cowards posting otherwise. Shame on all of you!

I think the answers to this question will be a good source for anyone wanting to judge the character of members of this forum. Who would you want on your team during times of trouble? I predict some of the cowards will delete their answer to this question, and rightly they should.
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

I firmly believe if I came upon a situation where an LEO was in trouble, ie being beat down, or out numbered, I would pull my car over, draw my weapon and get the person[s] off the LEO. I would only hope someone would do the same if I were in the same situation. They protect us, and from time to time, need our help.
    I would hopefully be early enough before the LEO was in serious trouble.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Anyone Anytime, Anywhere

As a strong Christian, I would stop to help ANYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.

True, I have more respect for Fire Fighters. Those men and women go into burning buildings to save our lives without even thinking "what if they are another race, what if they are gay, what if what if what if. I have TREMENDOUS respect for them.

I have only a fraction less respect for police. They are also putting their lives in risk of death each day they leave their house, and if I am there to render help, I won't blink to do it.

I would help any soul in need of help. No matter what, ANYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.

But that's just me.

Weather I had a Gun or not I would help (I always have a Gun). NOTE: I never plan to point my Gun at anyone, if I pull it I WILL shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Of course I would help. Any good citizen would help.

One thing this thread has shown is that there are a bunch of bitter, police-hating crazies posting on this site. I'm a bit in shock by the answers I've seen.

We should have made this a poll. Think we would see there are 5 or 10 times more "good people" who would aid a fellow human being (or at least would like to think they would) than the callous, authority hating/fearing cowards posting otherwise. Shame on all of you!

I think the answers to this question will be a good source for anyone wanting to judge the character of members of this forum. Who would you want on your team during times of trouble? I predict some of the cowards will delete their answer to this question, and rightly they should.

Please show us the cop-haters, the "bad" people, and the cowards.....

Perhaps you have them confused with those who DONT HAVE THEIR HEADS BURIED IN THE SAND and can see what the real world is actually like.

Reality is quite an eye-opener, you should try it sometime.
    Nothing I have seen on this thread has even come close to cop-bashing.
    The truth is not always pretty....

I suggest you do a google search on "the only ones files" then come back here and give us a report...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    The Police have become jack booted thugs, murderers, thieves, etc.... Until such a time as the so-called "good" cops start turning in/arresting and testifying against the "bad apples" , they have alienated themselves, and burned their own bridges.... The "good ones" are just as guilty as the "bad" ones until they do their damn job and arrest ALL criminals, especially the ones in uniform... THEN they will have earned respect, NOT before.....

How the hell would YOU Know, without a doubt, that the so-called homicidal criminal in your example isn't actually an innocent person defending his own life against a murdering thief in a uniform???? How do you know the "cop" in your example is a real cop???? Unless you witness the entire scene from the beginning, or know the officer personally, you may be helping the WRONG PERSON....
    I guess I am fortunate in having lived so long that I can remember a time when there was compassion in this country for one another and when people were not reluctant or afraid to do their civic duty. I am amazed at the responses elicited to the question of helping a LEO in trouble. There are those who have said they would help the officer and there are those that wouldn't. The fear of possibly getting into trouble for helping is valid but the alternative could possibly cost the life of the LEO. Venomous attacks on LEOs in general is beyond comprehension. Jack-booted thugs, murderers and other derisive comments against law enforcement personnel are pure hogwash and unwarranted. I have no doubt that there are crooked LEOs in the world just as there are civilians who are just as contemptible. They are weeded out often as you can plainly read in the papers and see on TV. Ours is far from being a perfect society and, personally, I can see the need for LEOs. I would venture to say that they who rag against them the most are the ones who would be in trouble the most with the law. But that is just my opinion and you know opinions are like certain parts on one's anatomy. We all have them and they all are malodorous. But.......I doubt there is anyone out there who will not call the police in an emergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I guess I am fortunate in having lived so long that I can remember a time when there was compassion in this country for one another and when people were not reluctant or afraid to do their civic duty. I am amazed at the responses elicited to the question of helping a LEO in trouble. There are those who have said they would help the officer and there are those that wouldn't. The fear of possibly getting into trouble for helping is valid but the alternative could possibly cost the life of the LEO. Venomous attacks on LEOs in general is beyond comprehension. Jack-booted thugs, murderers and other derisive comments against law enforcement personnel are pure hogwash and unwarranted. I have no doubt that there are crooked LEOs in the world just as there are civilians who are just as contemptible. They are weeded out often as you can plainly read in the papers and see on TV. Ours is far from being a perfect society and, personally, I can see the need for LEOs. I would venture to say that they who rag against them the most are the ones who would be in trouble the most with the law. But that is just my opinion and you know opinions are like certain parts on one's anatomy. We all have them and they all are malodorous. But.......I doubt there is anyone out there who will not call the police in an emergency!
    I agree. As someone who grew up in a Police Station (Mom a dispatcher OSHP, Dad a deputy, step dad a deputy) I can say that there are bad ones. They don't last long and are usually on the other side of the bars soon. To think that someone would just drive by my dad while he is getting beaten just because he is a cop is terrible.

And to Axeanda45 if you want to see a Cop basher look in the mirror.

9. My son is a Deputy Sheriff in a midwestern state. He is very capable, highly trained in Martial Arts since he was 8 years old, a weight lifter and a very good shot. He is also compassionate, kind and fair. His fellow Deputies that I have met, men and women, are good people. I am especially impressed with them since I know what they have to deal with, day in and day out. So, my experience and view of Law Enforcement is a little different than some other people have expressed in this thread, but to answer the question, if the situation arose, I am sure I would want to assist the LEO.

10. honestly, doesn't matter if its a law enforcment officer or not. Florida law authorizes the use of deadly force to protect the live of myself or others. I hope he told his mother he loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    You, sir, have blinders on and have NO CLUE what the real world is like. Do yourself a favor and do as I told the other poster earlier... Research "the only one files" for a start, It is incomprehensible that you are this ignorant.

The police VERY REGULARLY murder, drive while drunk, steal, frame people, etc.....
    Do your research BEFORE you comment on something.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast