What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble? - Page 5
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post

And to Axeanda45 if you want to see a Cop basher look in the mirror.

Please give an example of me saying anything that is NOT TRUE..... Go ahead, PROVE ME WRONG........

There are just way too many examples of thuggery, murder, theft, overstepping of authority, lying, cheating, etc.........

No-where did I say cops weren't human, or that they dont deserve help when in trouble, no-where at all did I even hint at this...... I simply stated that IF YOU DIDNT SEE IT FROM THE START, YOU CANT BE SURE WHO THE BAD GUY IS..... (unless you already knew /recognize the officer)

I will help anyone whose life is in danger, Cop or not, that does not mean that I think the Cops are honest law abiding people, they are not I have known too many of them, they smoke Dope, they steal Guns, they protect thiefs , I personally have seen more Laws broke by LOE than by Civilians. Three 230# men tackling a defenseless woman, what I've seen them do is wrong. They over use Teasers, they just haven't shot the right person with one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    The Police have become jack booted thugs, murderers, thieves, etc.... Until such a time as the so-called "good" cops start turning in/arresting and testifying against the "bad apples" , they have alienated themselves, and burned their own bridges.... The "good ones" are just as guilty as the "bad" ones until they do their damn job and arrest ALL criminals, especially the ones in uniform... THEN they will have earned respect, NOT before.....

How the hell would YOU Know, without a doubt, that the so-called homicidal criminal in your example isn't actually an innocent person defending his own life against a murdering thief in a uniform???? How do you know the "cop" in your example is a real cop???? Unless you witness the entire scene from the beginning, or know the officer personally, you may be helping the WRONG PERSON....
    This is your response to Fodo where you stated that you would have no problem driving past a LEO who was getting assaulted and die you wouldn't feel bad about it. I would post it but I can't seem to get the quote to work correctly. That is shameful. Just because of one or two bad apples that you've heard of you would let a man die just to prove a point. What would you do if you saw Military getting the crap beat out of them? Would you stop and help or drive by because there are rapists, murders, thief’s, drunk drivers, etc, etc, in the Military. What if it was a Preacher? School Teacher? Doctor? Just because there are bad apples doesn’t give you a pass to ignore someone in trouble. We all as Americans and as Christians should do everything we can to help people in need. And to ignore someone who truly needs help is the worst sin in my opinion. So you can go ahead and say that you wouldn’t help, you would leave them, but my final questions is, Would they leave you?

It is amazing to me how a perfectly simple question posed by this thread can be hijacked by a group of forum members who seem to have an agenda that is beyond words. I'll leave it at that. There is little doubt in my mind that in this thread, the moderator has not been doing his/her job. Outrageous and disgusting language and innuendos do not belong on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    This is your response to Fodo where you stated that you would have no problem driving past a LEO who was getting assaulted and die you wouldn't feel bad about it. I would post it but I can't seem to get the quote to work correctly. That is shameful. Just because of one or two bad apples that you've heard of you would let a man die just to prove a point.

You have just proven you didnt actually even read what you quoted and are trying to use as an example, I said nothing even close to what you are accusing me of.

Obviously, there are people who cant comprehend what words mean, or try to make them say something they didnt say.

Here is what I have tried to get across to some of you...... Please read it slowly and try to comprehend it, ok?

If you come onto a scene, and there is what "looks" to be a police officer and another person fighting.... YOU DO NOT KNOW which person is the bad guy, period........

Oh, you can come to a conclusion... but do you know, 100% that it is the correct conclusion? Unless you knew the "officer" ahead of time, you do not know if he/she is actually a real/authentic "officer" do you? Also, if you DID NOT WITNESS THE ENTIRE INCIDENT FROM THE BEGINNING, you CANNOT be 100% sure who the "bad" guy is, can you?

I can think of many instances (with real-world examples) of the "officer" being the bad guy, and the one that needs the help from a passerby is the one NOT IN UNIFORM.

So, I will repeat what I wrote in earlier posts that people have IGNORED...

I, myself, dont know if I would help an officer or not , BECAUSE of the "shining" examples of our "police" in these troubled times of our country. The police have FAILED at policing their own, and by doing this, they have inserted doubt into those who watch and learn from their examples. (who, in times past) WOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE EVEN HESITATED TO COME TO THEIR AID. (note this, I did NOT say I wouldn't help them)

If I am innocent, I WILL DEFEND MYSELF (with deadly force if needed), even if the person ATTACKING ME has a uniform on..... In those cases (remember, I am the innocent person in this example) I DO NOT WANT YOU TO COME TO THE AID OF THE WRONG PERSON!

Is that so hard to comprehend? Did I say ALL police officers are bad and none of them deserve our help? By some of your posts, it sure seems like that is what you THOUGHT I said.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    It is amazing to me how a perfectly simple question posed by this thread can be hijacked by a group of forum members who seem to have an agenda that is beyond words. I'll leave it at that. There is little doubt in my mind that in this thread, the moderator has not been doing his/her job. Outrageous and disgusting language and innuendos do not belong on this subject.

Very obviously it is not "a perfectly simple question" it is a very complex one that has many answers depending on the situations, and who is involved.

Ok, let me clarify. Axeanda45, you have taken what is a very simple question and turned it into a diatribe on bad cops. It comes across as cop-hating/fearing. Others have cited the excuse that they may get into some trouble if they decide to help an "officer down". In my view, this is a fear-reaction, and if not fear, even worse...allowing selfishness to overcome helping a person in need.

Suffice it to say that there are people out here that cannot abide by injustice they are witnessing. It is our nature to help (and I have helped many people in many situations). Based on what we've seen lately in several TV programs, we are few and far between. Maybe compassion with action has always been in short supply. I don't know. But nothing in my life experience (and I am older than you) has led me to abandon my principals of helping my fellow man. If I saw an officer beating someone to death, I would help in that case as well. You can read all sorts of things into the question, but the jist was "officer who was in the right is now in trouble". Adding all your references to bad cops who don't deserve help is a real hijack of the intent of this thread. That's why no less thand 5 other posters have called you out. Your reaction and post was out of character of this thread.

I KNOW you are a strong supporter of the constitution and the 2nd Amendment, which I admire, but your painting so many good cops with such a broad bad brush does not reflect what I and so many others of us have experienced in "the real world". That's why you received such negative responses...your views don't translate to the majority of our experiences.

In the end, many will simply watch and gasp (or cheer); few will act and aid. To those few, I salute you.
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

10. Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    The Police have become jack booted thugs, murderers, thieves, etc.... Until such a time as the so-called "good" cops start turning in/arresting and testifying against the "bad apples" , they have alienated themselves, and burned their own bridges.... The "good ones" are just as guilty as the "bad" ones until they do their damn job and arrest ALL criminals, especially the ones in uniform... THEN they will have earned respect, NOT before.....

How the hell would YOU Know, without a doubt, that the so-called homicidal criminal in your example isn't actually an innocent person defending his own life against a murdering thief in a uniform???? How do you know the "cop" in your example is a real cop???? Unless you witness the entire scene from the beginning, or know the officer personally, you may be helping the WRONG PERSON....
    Sorry Axe but it sounds like you have an Axe to grind. (Pun Intended) Check out this video that officer would have been killed if it were not for that other officer to help. Just like not ALL Muslims are bad not all LEO are bad ...get over it.

YouTube - Cop Kills Wild Man In Bridge Fight complete footage
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Ok, let me clarify. Axeanda45, you have taken what is a very simple question and turned it into a diatribe on bad cops. It comes across as cop-hating/fearing. Others have cited the excuse that they may get into some trouble if they decide to help an "officer down". In my view, this is a fear-reaction, and if not fear, even worse...allowing selfishness to overcome helping a person in need.

Suffice it to say that there are people out here that cannot abide by injustice they are witnessing. It is our nature to help (and I have helped many people in many situations). Based on what we've seen lately in several TV programs, we are few and far between. Maybe compassion with action has always been in short supply. I don't know. But nothing in my life experience (and I am older than you) has led me to abandon my principals of helping my fellow man. If I saw an officer beating someone to death, I would help in that case as well. You can read all sorts of things into the question, but the jist was "officer who was in the right is now in trouble". Adding all your references to bad cops who don't deserve help is a real hijack of the intent of this thread. That's why no less thand 5 other posters have called you out. Your reaction and post was out of character of this thread.

I KNOW you are a strong supporter of the constitution and the 2nd Amendment, which I admire, but your painting so many good cops with such a broad bad brush does not reflect what I and so many others of us have experienced in "the real world". That's why you received such negative responses...your views don't translate to the majority of our experiences.

In the end, many will simply watch and gasp (or cheer); few will act and aid. To those few, I salute you.
    I appreciate your reasoned response, and agree with all except the statement in red, it was NOT asked that way, so I answered the way I did.

The "real world" you have experienced in the past has now changed in the last few years, it would be wise for you, and those like you, to do some research into what is now becoming the norm, instead of the isolated........
    Be safe..

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast