What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble? - Page 7
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 277

Thread: What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble?

  1. #61

    Cool

    Well folks ,we have apparently beaten this dead dog long enough. The only thing we can do now is to agree to disagree before we all have a stroke. We all have our minds set and doubt that we will ever all agree on any one thing. I do, however, enjoy reading ALL comments whether they agree with me or not. Anyway, I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope Santa brings you a shiny new toy in your favorite caliber.

  2.   
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Kasper, are you suggesting that if a armed civilian witness this conflict between an officer of the Law and what appeared to be a defiant purp about to fill the officer up with lead and have his brain blown out ,and if the back up officer did not arrive in time, that as as civilian if you were to interject to save his life that you could be charged with a crime of obstruction? Tell me this is not true.
    That is wrong go back and reread what I typed.

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    As usual threads like this always end up the same way, everybody's opinion turns it into a big pissing contest, for the most part most if not all of us here would not or could not know what they would do untill that senario was in front of them, and please I don't want to hear any crap you all know its true, personaly, 99% of the time I would help the LEO, but if it was just a fight, one on one, there is a couple of LEOs that I know that would be on there own, and in case nobody remembers, its a fair bet that all of you that have a CCW permit remembers that part in your permit class, where the instructor said that having a weapon and a carry permit does not in any way shape or form make you a LEO, because as said in the previous post's you don't know the situation, your a third party, you MUST be resonably sure of whats going on if you jump in, if you are wrong in your judgement and shoot unessessarly, in a year or two your legal fees would bankrupt you and your family, and you can be dam sure your local PD is not going to do a thing to help, although you were acting in the best intrest of the Officer that you thought was in trouble
    Thank you Rocketgeezer, From your post I can see that someone understood what it was I was trying to inform them about doing the right thing can have legal issues that you don't often think about when helping someone who is in need of help.

  5. #64
    Kasper - If you are on the losing end of a viscous assault, for your sake, I hope the cops who roll up don't stop to watch and wonder if they will be sued by the person who is attempting to kill you before they decide to come to your aid.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

  6. #65
    My priority would be to save someones life............

  7. It is amazing to me how ignorant some of the people on here are about how untrustworthy alot of cops are. This site has DAILY instinces of police misconduct and such: Injustice Everywhere


    No, I did not say ALL cops are bad, dont even try to accuse me of that. I have seen how you take things out of context and yell at people who didnt say what you think they did, this whole site is evidence of it.

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Kasper - If you are on the losing end of a viscous assault, for your sake, I hope the cops who roll up don't stop to watch and wonder if they will be sued by the person who is attempting to kill you before they decide to come to your aid.
    The Supreme court ruled that the police have no duty to protect the individual life. So they don't have to worry about being sued for sitting in their car watching the show or getting out and stopping the attack.

    Part of the reason I am carrying now after I was dumb enough to believe a judge who said why do you need a gun to protect yourself when the police are here to protect you. It was when the SHTF at a Denny's and the police didn't show up till 40 minutes after the guy started shooting at customers in the restaurant, I was one of the customers. That I realized that I need to buy another gun and get my CWP license back so that I could defend myself instead of having to wait for the police to show.

    So you can get mad that I am not willing to do more then call 911 and report that the officers is getting beat down due to the legal issues that might be brought against me for helping to save the officers life for the supreme court has not given me the ok to protect the officers life without fear of lawsuits.

    I said another gun due to selling the first one I had to help pay for my legal fees for doing the right thing can be expensive.
    Last edited by Kasper; 12-20-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: had to place reason for another gun

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    This thread started with the question, "Would you help a police officer in trouble?" Essentially, this is either a yes or no question. By "being in trouble" I would assume the officer would be wrestling with the BG and immediately need assistance, no questions asked. I would not have to sit down and analyze the situation to determine if I would help, how would I help, should I waste time if the situation is so dire and dial 911 or should I get off my a$$ and act before the LEO is hurt or killed? If I didn't help, I would be so ashamed that I would just take my gun home and lock it up because, at a time you have to bang your cajones together as a man, I would have failed.
    +1
    Well said Oldgrunt.
    “Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny” Thomas Jefferson

  10. #69

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post
    It is amazing to me how ignorant some of the people on here are about how untrustworthy alot of cops are. This site has DAILY instinces of police misconduct and such: Injustice Everywhere


    No, I did not say ALL cops are bad, dont even try to accuse me of that. I have seen how you take things out of context and yell at people who didnt say what you think they did, this whole site is evidence of it.
    Aluminum: Gee Cupcake, your very first post and you jump right in saying how amazed you are about how ignorant some of the people on here are about how untrustworthy a lot of cops are. You must have missed the first entry asking if you would help a LEO in trouble. That was the general theme that did take some wild turns about LEOs and, as you have obviously noticed, some people are very opinionated. I dare say that there are some of us on here who learned quite a bit about the world while you were still wetting your diaper. I don't object to people taking issue with my opinions on any subject because I'll probably comment on some of theirs. I would, however, recommend that you give a little more thought to how you state your opinions rather than take a juvenile approach of being abrasive and accusatory. There are some on here who can be abrasive as hell but they do have their stuff together when making an entry. That is what makes all this so interesting and informative. Be that as it may, have a Merry Christmas.

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC
    Posts
    457
    Merry Christmas everyone! Have a safe holiday, and I hope you can all enjoy it with family, friends and loved ones.
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hollow Point Question
    By MateMike in forum New Jersey Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 11:17 PM
  2. Replies: 301
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 07:53 PM
  3. Travel to Ohio from MA
    By DickL in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 04:07 AM
  4. Does CWP cover knives...
    By cha2ga in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 05:16 PM
  5. H 3003 In House Judiciary Committee
    By Red Hat in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 04:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast