When it's not on your hip, where is it? (storage question)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When it's not on your hip, where is it? (storage question)

When it's not on your hip, where is it? (storage question)

So, my wife is deathly afraid of guns. (BAD experience when she was young) and when I come home, she asks me to stow my gun before relaxing. She prefers me to stow it on my closet shelf. (it's better, about 8 years ago she wanted me to keep it in a safe).

The other night, our double bedroom doors opened at 4am, it turned out to be our cat, but it woke us both up and scared her, I told her as I got out of bed to check on it. "this is why my gun should be on my bedstand not the top shelf of the closet. Our house is secure, we live in a good neighborhood, have security doors, etc, but I know if we ever had a home invasion (God forbid) I will have to tell the BG - "please wait while I get my gun from the other room".

Anyway, the title of this thread and point is:

When you are not carrying on your person, where do you store your gun?

figure safe side of the bed !!!!!!!

I have kids in the home so I have to keep mine in a safe in the night stand... Mine is usually on me until I'm in bed.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

5. Mine definitely stays at the side of my bed at night. "battle rifle" is in a fingerprint safe in the next room. but I always keep my handgun at my bedside.

6. Well? When the pistol (1911) is not on my person. It is in a holster mounted under the table near the front door. I have a seperate gun (glock 23, lazer, light) that never leaves the bed side. I have a 15 year old at home. 3 others flew the coup already. Never ever had a issue with kids and guns.

At home my guns are stored in my safe, except for whatever I'm using for home protection. That weapon usually sits on or next to my night stand.

If I'm out and about and go somewhere firearms aren't permitted my CC goes in my Autosafe that's mounted in my center console. It's a small one and can't hold anything larger than a subcompact (my LCP or HK P2000SK) but it's been "battle tested" so to speak. Earlier this year it resisted all the efforts of a thief to break into it.

My carry gun is on my person from the time I get dressed (safest place to have a gun is under your direct personal control)until I get undressed for the night at that time it goes on my night table.

100% of home invasions happen in a home
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    My carry gun is on my person from the time I get dressed (safest place to have a gun is under your direct personal control)until I get undressed for the night at that time it goes on my night table.

100% of home invasions happen in a home
    Holy crap!!! I wish I'd know that before buying a home...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

10. ......within arms reach, except when I'm in the shower. My wife sometimes scowls or rolls her eyes when she sees it on my hip at all hours, but I don't care. I just start to say "What if........" and she says, "I know, I know......"

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    THis...except mine goes into my boot...Not 'visible' that way...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast