Houston: The Third Rule of Gunfighting

Thread: Houston: The Third Rule of Gunfighting

Post Houston: The Third Rule of Gunfighting

I'm sure everyone would agree that the first rule of gunfighting is don't get in one. The best gunfight is one you don't have to fire a single shot.

The second rule of gunfighting is to actually bring a gun. Too many idiots in this country think their sharp wits will allow them to talk an assailant down, like the Councilmen in Florida recently.

But the slightly less well known third rule of gunfighting is this: DON'T GET SHOT!

A Houston area jeweller learned this rule recently when he managed to shoot and fatally stop an attempted robbery of his store by three men, but managed to violate rule three in the process.

Houston Store Owner Shoots, Kills Would-Be Robbers | The Blaze

Although, if it comes down to it, and the bad guys give you no other option, always remember the Metarule of Life: Rules were made to be broken.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Didn't John Wayne Quote these three rules in "The Shootist".

That third one is a hard one to obey.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

4. Ned said "looking for gold and got lead instead" "Said Ned" Sounds like he reads a lot of DR. Seuss Books. “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

I love Happy endings. This store owner is a HERO. Does anybody know where we can send him get well soon cards. This man just saved the Tax payer THOUSANDS of Taxed dollars in Lawyers fees etc. if these POS we alive. Also, incarceration would cost the tax payer 40,000 Dollars a year for each one of the scum, for a total of 120,000 per year. I would suggest that this Hero should receive 6 month disability pay from the state and when this Hero gets back on his feet that it mandatory by the state to receive 6 months of self defense training and hopefully if there is a next time the purp will take the lead instead and with that said, MY prayers are with him He's truly a Hero!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    ned said "looking for gold and got lead instead" "said ned" sounds like he reads a lot of dr. Seuss books. “don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

i love happy endings. This store owner is a hero. Does anybody know where we can send him get well soon cards. This man just saved the tax payer thousands of taxed dollars in lawyers fees etc. If these pos we alive. Also, incarceration would cost the tax payer 40,000 dollars a year for each one of the scum, for a total of 120,000 per year. I would suggest that this hero should receive 6 month disability pay from the state and when this hero gets back on his feet that it mandatory by the state to receive 6 months of self defense training and hopefully if there is a next time the purp will take the lead instead and with that said, my prayers are with him he's truly a hero!
    +1 :)
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Ned said "looking for gold and got lead instead" "Said Ned" Sounds like he reads a lot of DR. Seuss Books.

Here lies Lester Moore
    Four slugs from a .44
    No Les
    No more

You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Unfortunately, now the man and his family have to worry about retaliation from the gang these thugs were affiliated with.

A family friend had a similar thing happen at his pawn shop in Omaha a few years ago. The store closed shortly after, partly because if the drive by's that the gang continued to do of both the store and his home.