Are these people oblivious? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are these people oblivious?

1. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Cathy, why is it that most women when they get behind the wheel they start to fard. (Applying Make up) I have seen women with a cell phone up to their ear in one hand and farding with the other.
    Guys aren't exempt from this sort of juggling act either. I've seen one guy hold a cup of coffee in the right hand, a donut in the left, reading an open map propped up on the steering wheel, and steering with his knee. It was one scary ride in the church van with that joker at the wheel.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    Guys aren't exempt from this sort of juggling act either. I've seen one guy hold a cup of coffee in the right hand, a donut in the left, reading an open map propped up on the steering wheel, and steering with his knee. It was one scary ride in the church van with that joker at the wheel.
    Sooo true, I drive a box truck and see some pretty scary things that people do while driving.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

do you live near the ocean? I have found the closer you get to the ocean,the salt air really makes people batty.

Quote Originally Posted by hornett22 View Post
    do you live near the ocean? I have found the closer you get to the ocean,the salt air really makes people batty.
    Colorado Springs. It must be the thin air
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Women do fard.

I think it's the push to be everything men are, professionally speaking, but do it while looking supermodel gorgeous and in heels. It pushes women to multitask at all times, and that includes driving.

I'm more natural. I only wear make up on special occasions, and never... almost never... apply it behind the wheel.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I have very little tolerance for idiots on the road. I live in S. Florida where half the drivers didn't get their first pair of shoes until they were 12 and probably never saw a paved road until they came to this country. After 15 yrs down here I have learned to greatly appreciate the drivers in other parts of the country in spite of what I used to think of them.

That being said, I found that I'm much more patient since I began carrying. The last thing I want is to get into a situation where I have to defend myself with my pistol. No more yelling at people or flipping them the bird. We recently had a "justifiable" road rage killing down here. Basically it was "Dumb" shooting "Dumber" because the latter reached into the former's car during a RR incident. Stupid stupid stupid. If just one of these idiots had just taken the high-road, there wouldn't have been a dead guy in the middle of the street that day.

Not too long ago I read a book by an avid motorcyclist who has ridden tens of thousands of miles all over the world. He admitted that he was the type to freely dish out "advice" to idiots on the road. After one paticular time in Florida, one of his riding companions told him that buying a gun in this state wasn't much more difficult than buying a pack of cigarettes, and that many motorists carry firearms in the vehicles. Ever since then he's kept his mouth shut and simply turned the other cheek.

Good advice as far as I'm concerned.
    Living down here too, I have to agree.

But as the saying goes" You can't fix stupid." fits many of the drivers who can't even speak or read English..

I think JohnnyReb had the answer . . . .
    There are a lot of folks out there that are out looking for an accident.
    Believe me when I say that I have actually heard them talking about what to do and how to do it. They want an accident to happen . . . . The looking for "something for nothing" crowd . . . .

I keep myself in the right lane, just under the speed limit and remain totally and completely aware of what is around me at all times. The strange drivers that change lanes with no signal, the bob-and-weave drivers, the always having the foot on the break drivers . . . . you all know the ones . . . .

Just stay away . . . . Use the same approach as when walking.
    Avoid ANYTHING that might be a confrontation . . . .
    "We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

JSDinTexas Guest
    A couple of weeks ago a guy pulls onto the highway in front of me (could have waited until I passed - about 2 seconds) then he does not get up to speed. I came up on him pretty close because of this and he proceeds to slam on the brakes - guess he was irritated at my temporary tailgating.
    The first thing I thought was if he knew I was carrying would he have acted the same way.
    And second thing was I'm glad I'm not generally reactive or hostile at things like that.
    It was his lucky day.

Here goes another one of those things that I will likely get scolded for.

It would seem to me that people who are responsible enough to legally carry a weapon have enough self respect to keep from throwing their lives away on some piece of trash that got their DL's out of a cracker jack box (If they have them at all). Not to mention that those that legally carry have a high value for human life, as opposed to the thugs that think that poppin a cap in someone's a$$ is the coolest thing they could ever do.

Aside from that, everyone wants to be tough. Some people just think that this means you have to treat others like crap. I have ridden side by side with some of the nastiest bikers (according to the discovery channel) in the world, and I have yet to see one of them act like that. I have however seen them pull guys out of their cars and scare them till they pi$$ their pants for doing stuff (like in your examples) that could get people hurt.

Finally, I think it is important to note that I have personally driven a stick shift while eating a sandwich, smoking a cigarette and trying to open the bottle of soda that I had in my lap. I have also text ed while riding my Harley on the freeway. But somehow I manage to keep control of both myself, and my vehicle. And it is all because my mother taught me how to drive!
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Here goes another one of those things that I will likely get scolded for.

It would seem to me that people who are responsible enough to legally carry a weapon have enough self respect to keep from throwing their lives away on some piece of trash that got their DL's out of a cracker jack box (If they have them at all). Not to mention that those that legally carry have a high value for human life, as opposed to the thugs that think that poppin a cap in someone's a$$ is the coolest thing they could do.

I think you miss the point. My question wasn't in reference to legal carriers. My specific point was don't these people stop and think , before they shoot their mouths off, that the guy in the car next to them could be one of those " thugs" that will kill them for "disrespecting" them?

Of course it occurs to me that I look like a safe target and maybe that's why I see it where an obvious banger wouldn't
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast