Are these people oblivious? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are these people oblivious?

The highways are just like the internet. Some folks use it with a bit of smarts, and others think that just because they can access it, they can use it however they want, with impunity, and no accountability. I try to just consider the source, and continue.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    The highways are just like the internet. Some folks use it with a bit of smarts, and others think that just because they can access it, they can use it however they want, with impunity, and no accountability. I try to just consider the source, and continue.
    Very well said

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The other day on my way home from work I got cut off in traffic, on a road that was essentially empty. The guy pulled up in the right lane even w/ my fender looked right at me and came over had I not stepped on the brakes heíd have hit me. Then he proceed to slow down to about 5 miles under the speed limit, I followed him for a while then he slammed on his brakes and turned right w/ no turn signal.

Iím not sure why but I suspect he was deliberately trying to antagonize me.

A week or two ago I was on my way to work, I ended up behind a car that was going a little under the speed limit until I pulled into the right lane to pass, then they sped up and prevented me from getting around them. When we stopped at the light the passenger informed me that Iíd ďBetter watch how the [blank] Iím drivingĒ

Now hereís my question; in both cases I had a gun and while I recognize that neither situation called for any thing like an armed response, Iím not the only person out there that carries. Do these people not think before they decide to try to piss off some random stranger? I mean, whatís going to happen when they try that crap w/ another Vern Smalley?

Maybe itís because Iím a gun owner that I stop and think that the people around me might be armed and I behave accordingly but it makes no sense to me that anyone would risk such an interaction w/ a random stranger in todayís society.

I guess Iíd like to discuss the mindset that goes w/ that kind of stupidity and how we, as responsible gun owners, deal with it.
    Any input would be appreciated.

P.S In case you're wondering I highlighted the sentence in the third paragraph because somebody will mis read this post and castigate me for wanting to draw in those situations, I'm just preparing for it in advance
    Society seems to forget that a motor vehicle is probably one of the best weapons one can arm themselves with. Yes, even the most anti-gun left winger arms themselves everyday when they get on the road. If I had the choice of commiting a crime and had to pick the weapon, I would take the motor vehicle over the gun. At least I can speed off in the car. People use a car to do things they would not normally do if they were just walking down the street. They feel safe inside the metal box and if things get too hairy, they can just step on the gas and get away. I commend you on your patience and forethought while carrying. It is the "inconvenient truth" about us gun toters that the anti-gun public just can't stand - that is that we actually have more patience than some moron going down the road in their car. Good job anyway and keep the faith!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123