Thoughts on additional protection? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on additional protection?

1. Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Good call on this stuff. There is also a company called Medco that makes super high security locks, they are a bit expensive, but I can tell you that as a locksmith, I even have troubles getting past them if I have to. Kick plates on the doors work well with high security locks and those are not all too expensive. Most of these things make it more secure without making it look like you have something that is worth the trouble. Battery powered magnetic alarms are something that is again fairly cheap and will let you know if someone is coming in your windows.

There is almost nothing out there that will completely solve your security problem if crime shows up at your door. There is nearly nothing that someone with some locksmithing training cant get through in under 30 seconds. Though there are few exceptions.

One thing that I tell people all the time is there is only one completely unmistakable sound in the world. That is the racking of the slide on a pump action 12 ga. And if you are somewhere you are not supposed to be and you hear that sound, it is the scariest sound in the world.

The options for home defense and security are limitless, if you want I can set you up with a list of what you need to get according to what you can afford. Just let me know.
    Beautiful post my friend ! I've done those thins and have those locks ,dog,firearms . I hope I don't want to have to fight them , but I've let the nuts know they will be in a world of hurt ! With this economy and even people whom you would not usually keep an eye on I do here in Las Vegas . They will steal everything you have if you don't stay alert and will to mix -it up if you have to . I live in a good neighborhood but so called respectable people have friends or relatives who have been involved in crime ( mostly drugs Legalize my ass ) ! Stay strong , never cave in !!!

I started as an apprentice locksmith when I was 17, and by the time I was 18 I was rated as a master locksmith. Then by the time I was 20 I was a safe and CCTV "Expert". Not that being called an expert is a big deal, cause it just means you know how they work and can fix/remove/install them. But I grew up in a nasty neighborhood, so I learned very fast that the best security that you can have is the stuff that people don't realize is high security.

The most flashy your security is, the more people want what you have.

So with what I did in the military, I decided that this is what I am going to do from now on. I teach home and personal security and safety. you know the drill, self defense, home security, firearms, less lethal, the usual.
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12