Racism and Gun Control - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racism and Gun Control

Tired of the RACE CARD

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    It was either Marx or Lenin who said that one man, with a gun, can control a hundred people. These anti-gun people don't give a ding damn about racism, it is all about control. They do not like the fact that they do not control your destiny.
    If people cannot protect themselves, they'll have to rely on someone else, some other entity for protection. So goes the basic ability to be self sufficient and reliant. The protected "CLASS" is actually not being protected but intoxicated by the freebies the Liberals dish out and the promises the Race Baiters spew. A large amount of subsidies are paid out to ensure there are generational dependants. Can't protect themselves, can't feed themselves, can't get a good education, don't have quality health care. But the Liberals continue their mantra that they care. Maybe a current day Moses will come to their aide and again start with "Let my people go".

Sorry for my digression but it just chaffs my backside that the same people that say they are for a certain group of people are the same that want to have total control over those people. Unfortunately, most is Govt funded.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I don't know if I'll live long enough to read that article, but I suspect the answer to your question is, the elite who fund and push for legislation restricting gun use don't give a damn about anyone. It doesn't matter what color you are. They only know GREEN. They either can afford hired guns to protect them, or the government provides them for them. That's why I became an executive body guard. You want to what? Take my guns away? Well take them away from ALL the registered body guards then Mr Bigshot. Now who's going to protect YOU from the bad guys?
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Glenn Beck had a good civil rights talk going on TV a year or so back, that discussed the free reign the KKK had. I'm not sure which state it was, but that state allowed African Americans to carry firearms in the mid 1960s, creating "The Deacons For Defense." At that point there was a decrease in attacks and murders by the KKK, because now they were at risk of being killed. It's no fun when they shoot back, 'eh ?!?!

Througout history, those in power have sought to retain their power by taking away people's ability to fight, even on our side of the Atlantic. The Battle at Concord was fought to prevent the British troops from seizing a local gunpowder magazine. In colonial Williamsburg, the powder magazine is right across from the court house in the center of town, which was the first place the British troops occupied when revolution talk was spreading. To the same extent, "May Issue" states tend to have the mindset that you don't need a weapon to defend yourself, hence that weak assumption that someone else in authority will protect you. New Jersey reeks of this. This tends to be the mindset of most big cities...the places where self-protection is needed the most. I've said this in another thread, but I think the only dissenting state congressmen on the recent Pennsylvania Castle Doctrine legislation were from Philadelphia. Practically everyone else, R's and D's alike, saw the need to improve the law.

It's such a shame that Switzerland's low crime rate seems to be the best kept secret of self defense!
    Shame on the State-run media!

Clayton Cramer wrote an excellent monograph in 1993 entitled "The Racist Roots of Gun Control." It's an excellent, indepth, and well-researched and annotated article on the subject. The Racist Roots of Gun Control Cramer: Racist Roots of Gun Control (1995)

The Racist Roots of Gun Control is the same article with an interesting foreword by a black man pointing out why groups like the NAACP (in 2003) don't want to discuss the racist origins of gun control laws.

Supreme Court affirms racist origins of Gun Control is an article on how McDonald v DC exposed the racist origins of DC's gun laws.

http://www.gurapossessky.com/news/pa...alEquality.pdf is a brief from Roy Innis and the Congress of Racial Equality in the DC v Heller case regarding the racist origins of gun laws.

The Disarming of Black America by Richard Poe is also a good read with modern, current day laws included.

I thought Roy Innis had authored a paper in the late nineties but can't find it. My Google-fu must be weak tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by brolin1911a1 View Post
    Clayton Cramer wrote an excellent monograph in 1993 entitled "The Racist Roots of Gun Control." It's an excellent, indepth, and well-researched and annotated article on the subject. The Racist Roots of Gun Control Cramer: Racist Roots of Gun Control (1995)

The Racist Roots of Gun Control is the same article with an interesting foreword by a black man pointing out why groups like the NAACP (in 2003) don't want to discuss the racist origins of gun control laws.

Supreme Court affirms racist origins of Gun Control is an article on how McDonald v DC exposed the racist origins of DC's gun laws.

http://www.gurapossessky.com/news/pa...alEquality.pdf is a brief from Roy Innis and the Congress of Racial Equality in the DC v Heller case regarding the racist origins of gun laws.

The Disarming of Black America by Richard Poe is also a good read with modern, current day laws included.

I thought Roy Innis had authored a paper in the late nineties but can't find it. My Google-fu must be weak tonight.
    Thats quite alright, thanks for the extra reading material. I wonder how many gun control activists would be jumping on the band wagon if this was a more common place discussion.
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

7. Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I'm not sure which state it was, but that state allowed African Americans to carry firearms in the mid 1960s, creating "The Deacons For Defense."
    Article from Gun Owners of America regarding the Deacons for Defense: 8/04 Deacons For Defense - Gun Owners Of America

Dated August 2004, so the racial issues surrounding gun control have not been entirely forgotten, just rarely noted.

Copyright 1993 Clayton E. Cramer All Rights Reserved. Electronic redistribution is permitted as long as no alterations are made to the text and this notice appears at the beginning. Print reproduction or for profit use is not authorized without permission from the author.

"Gun control advocates today are not so foolish as to openly promote racist laws, and so the question might be asked what relevance the racist past of gun control laws has.

One concern is that the motivations for disarming blacks in the past are really not so different from the motivations for disarming law-abiding citizens today.

In the last century, the official rhetoric in support of such laws was that "they" were too violent, too untrustworthy, to be allowed weapons. Today, the same elitist rhetoric regards law-abiding Americans in the same way, as child-like creatures in need of guidance from the government.

In the last century, while never openly admitted, one of the goals of disarming blacks was to make them more willing to accept various forms of economic oppression, including the sharecropping system, in which free blacks were reduced to an economic state not dramatically superior to the conditions of slavery."
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

"In much the same way, gun control has historically been a tool of racism, and associated with racist attitudes about black violence. Similarly, many gun control laws impinge on that most fundamental of rights: self-defense.

Racism is so intimately tied to the history of gun control in America that we should regard gun control aimed at law-abiding people as a "suspect idea," and require that the courts use the same demanding standards when reviewing the constitutionality of a gun control law, that they would use with respect to a law that discriminated based on race."

These two paragraphs, I thought, made some very good points.

Copyright 1993 Clayton E. Cramer All Rights Reserved. Electronic redistribution is permitted as long as no alterations are made to the text and this notice appears at the beginning. Print reproduction or for profit use is not authorized without permission from the author.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Thumbs up No Guns for Negroes!

One of our forum members Bohemian opened many eyes on this topic when he posted these videos in another thread.
    YouTube - No Guns for Negroes Part One
    YouTube - No Guns for Negroes Part Two

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Why do you so avidly support an ideal that is based entirely in the subjugation of another race or economic class?
    Those who push gun control now do not want anyone to have guns; it is no longer a racial, or even class, issue. The origins of gun control are inconvenient facts that would impede the leftist gun control agenda. Their only choices are supression or denial of facts - revisionist history. Revisionist history is worthy of its own thread.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12