Why is .45 the new 9mm? - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is .45 the new 9mm?

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    if you're facing more than one gun pointed at you it would be suicide to draw. I think I'd be better off giving up my cash and car keys than to be a dead Rambo-wannabe. I'm a firm believer that discretion is the better part of valor.
    I have to agree with you there. I would rather live to "fight another day" than to go out in a futile "blaze of glory".
    If you can't hit it with 8, you sure as hell aren't going to hit it with 21.

Quote Originally Posted by NM-1911 View Post
    Training and practice is what will keep you alive.
    Ain't that the truth.

Well if more than one of them has a gun then you're probably a dead man regardless of how many rounds you have.
    If more than one has a gun, I don't intend to stand toe to toe, I'll take cover as I'm sure they will too. You may need those extra rounds taking on multiple assailants that are behind cover.

No doubt that a 45 hits hard, but so do 9mm +P+ HPs.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    ..I'll take cover as I'm sure they will too..
    Unfeathered Might: "Hey, can you guys wait a minute while I run for cover?"

, if you're facing more than one gun pointed at you it would be suicide to draw. I think I'd be better off giving up my cash and car keys than to be a dead Rambo-wannabe. I'm a firm believer that discretion is the better part of valor. If you think you can take out multiple armed BGs "Hollywood style", who already have the drop on you, then best of luck with that. You've got more gumption than me.

You may want to read this article

The No-Win Scenario

It's the basis of my sig line. I have absolutely no intention of trusting my life to the good will of a thug I am going to fight
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Unfeathered Might: "Hey, can you guys wait a minute while I run for cover?"
    LOL! You took the words right out of my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You may want to read this article

The No-Win Scenario

It's the basis of my sig line. I have absolutely no intention of trusting my life to the good will of a thug I am going to fight
    I'd rather be in a scenario where I might get shot as opposed to one where I will get shot.

Some people on this site have been watching too many action movies.

I'd rather be in a scenario where I might get shot as opposed to one where I will get shot.

Some people on this site have been watching too many action movies.
    You're obviously the one who watches too many action movies.

I'm sure this will come as quite a shock to a self proclaimed expert such as yourself, but in the real world you don't get to pick which scenario you get. The scenario picks you. If that was possible, very few of us (except of course you) would carry a defensive weapon. We'd just check the bad guy's schedule and avoid being at the same place at the same time.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

I have no desire to engage any bad guys. Ever. Under any circumstances. But if I had to I hope he's cripple, blind and carries a nerf ball for a weapon so I can just get the f*ck outta Dodge. But if I'm in that Big-Box parking lot and a group of thugs accosts my wife or grandson, I'll take whatever action I think at the time will save them even if that means sacrificing myself as a last resort.

You on the other hand can put your fate in the hands of the criminal and hope that you only might get shot. Maybe he'll be reasonable and see it your way.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Problem is by not trying to defend yourself you leave will Vs. might up to the badguy.

One of the problems w/ carrying a gun is that people think the fact that you have one guarantees compliance. When you don't comply with the bad guy's demands it take the brain a second to react then he's playing catch up.

I learned this lesson in the real world a long time ago when a punk tried to intimidate me by pulling a knife when I punched him square in the nose instead of giving up my wallet he was stunned and never had a chance to catch up.

DOJ statistic indicate that people that fight back are less likely over all to be killed.

BTW for those who have issues w/ getting under cover did you never train on shoot and move? The first rule in a gunfight is to get off the X
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    You're obviously the one who watches too many action movies.

I'm sure this will come as quite a shock to a self proclaimed expert such as yourself, but in the real world you don't get to pick which scenario you get. The scenario picks you. If that was possible, very few of us (except of course you) would carry a defensive weapon. We'd just check the bad guy's schedule and avoid being at the same place at the same time.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

I have no desire to engage any bad guys. Ever. Under any circumstances. But if I had to I hope he's cripple, blind and carries a nerf ball for a weapon so I can just get the f*ck outta Dodge. But if I'm in that Big-Box parking lot and a group of thugs accosts my wife or grandson, I'll take whatever action I think at the time will save them even if that means sacrificing myself as a last resort.

You on the other hand can put your fate in the hands of the criminal and hope that you only might get shot. Maybe he'll be reasonable and see it your way.
    You've got some serious anger issues there Hobo. Every thread I've seen you posting on ends up with you getting in the face (so to speak) of anyone who dares to have an opinion differing from yours.

You must have me confused with some other poster on this site. I'm not the one who believes he'll have time take cover, or to reload, or that I can take out multiple BGs who have guns pointed at me. Nope. No Hollywood delusions of grandeur here....I live in the real world. Your Rambo-like bravado would only serve to get you and anyone with you shot. If you really think you and your family would be safer by having you start a gun battle with multiple armed assailants then I feel sorry for your wife and grandson.

According to FBI stats there were almost 200,000 robberies in 2009 that involved a firearm. Less than 2000 of those resulted in the victime being killed. I'll do the math for you - that means in about 99% of armed robberies the victims(s) weren't killed.

Your suggested macho-man tactics would just about guarantee that the BGs would open fire. That 1% would quickly become a lot closer to 100% in your case.

Best of luck with that and try to stay away from "Call of Duty" and other video games. That's not how the real world works.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast