Why is .45 the new 9mm? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is .45 the new 9mm?

So what happened to 45 vs 9?

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Problem is by not trying to defend yourself you leave will Vs. might up to the badguy.

One of the problems w/ carrying a gun is that people think the fact that you have one guarantees compliance. When you don't comply with the bad guy's demands it take the brain a second to catch up then he's playing catch up.

I learned this lesson in the real world a long time ago when a punk tried to intimidate me by pulling a knife when I punched him square in the nose instead of giving up my wallet he was stunned and never had a chance to catch up.

DOJ statistic indicate that people that fight back are less likely over all to be killed.
    I'm not talking about a knife....I'm talking about a scenario with more than one gun pointed at me. It would be beyond stupid to draw when you're looking down the barrel of two or more guns, especially when you consider that the vast majority of armed robberies end with the 2 parties walking away afterwards (see my previous post). I would only draw in a situation where I felt as though I had an advantage and a good chance of walking away, or the stuff had already hit the fan I had no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Unfeathered Might: "Hey, can you guys wait a minute while I run for cover?"
    Situational awareness. I believe Mr. Might was indicating that he would have run away from the situation before allowing it to unfold into a full blown shootout. Seeing the danger and avoiding it beats killing all involved and risking injury hands down..

You're so frigging smug and seem to be such an expert at all of it. Please explain how you'd handle it so as to provide an expert (laughable) opinion...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    So what happened to 45 vs 9?

-Doc
    Same fate as most all threads that Crock_O_***** gets involved in..

You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I'm not talking about a knife....I'm talking about a scenario with more than one gun pointed at me. It would be beyond stupid to draw when you're looking down the barrel of two or more guns, especially when you consider that the vast majority of armed robberies end with the 2 parties walking away afterwards (see my previous post). I would only draw in a situation where I felt as though I had an advantage and a good chance of walking away, or the stuff had already hit the fan I had no other choice.
    If that's what you feel is the right thing to do then do it. My nature is different when my flight or fight response get's triggered I am going to fight
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

If that's what you feel is the right thing to do then do it. My nature is different when my flight or fight response get's triggered I am going to fight
    Let me get this straight......if you had two or more BGs pointing guns at you and demanding your cash and car keys....you'd draw and try to engage them instead of just handing your stuff over and in all probability walking away?? You really think you're that good where you could take down multiple BGs who already had their guns out and trained on you?? Because that's the scenario I'm talking about, not some idiot who brought a knife to a gunfight.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I want to know who is out there reloading 40 milimeter rounds
    Four guys in AZ in my club reload in .40, as well as a bunch of other calibers. Now, I don't really know a lot of shooters but 4/12 or so is fairly popular. One reason may be that there's a LOT of spent .40 brass lying around the range, precisely because it is real popular with the folks--especially the females.

Then, since you posed the question, I went down to Dillon Precision (3 miles from home) for some items and asked the counter peeps as to how popular .40 cal reloading is from their POV. In order of popularity: .45...9 mm....223....40 cal. So, if you kick out the rifle round, the .40 is even more popular. And Dillon Precision sells mucho reloading machines!

Quote Originally Posted by gynojunkie View Post
    Four guys in AZ in my club reload in .40, as well as a bunch of other calibers. Now, I don't really know a lot of shooters but 4/12 or so is fairly popular. One reason may be that there's a LOT of spent .40 brass lying around the range, precisely because it is real popular with the folks--especially the females.

Then, since you posed the question, I went down to Dillon Precision (3 miles from home) for some items and asked the counter peeps as to how popular .40 cal reloading is from their POV. In order of popularity: .45...9 mm....223....40 cal. So, if you kick out the rifle round, the .40 is even more popular. And Dillon Precision sells mucho reloading machines!

40 MILIMETER (1.575 inches) is just a fuzz bigger than .40 CALIBER (.400 inches)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Let me get this straight......if you had two or more BGs pointing guns at you and demanding your cash and car keys....you'd draw and try to engage them instead of just handing your stuff over and in all probability walking away??
    Unless you can promise me that they're going to walk away w/ out shooting me I'm going to fight.

You really think you're that good where you could take down multiple BGs who already had their guns out and trained on you??
    I didn't say anything about being "good" I said I was going to fight. If they already have their guns out why should I think I have anything to lose?

Unless you can promise me that they're going to walk away w/ out shooting me I'm going to fight.

I didn't say anything about being "good" I said I was going to fight. If they already have their guns out why should I think I have anything to lose?
    Well I can pretty much promise you that they will shoot if you draw.

And isn't it pretty much SOP for armed robbers to already have a gun pointed at you when they demand your valuables?? I always thought thats how it worked. And I'm guessing that if they really meant to kill you I'm sure they'd just do it right off the bat and avoid any unnecessary chit-chat, then take your stuff.

Regardless, I'll let you "die like a viking". I'd rather be filling out paperwork for my stolen truck. For me the idea of defending myself doesn't mean committing suicide. Best of luck with that.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast