They're heeere. Finally got pics of the M&P!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They're heeere. Finally got pics of the M&P!!

looks nice. have fun with it!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I like it. Very nice. Have fun and be careful as always with it.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Congratulations on the new toy, looks great the tact light is a nice touch.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Reviewed!!!

Well I made it to the range today and it went as follows:

The M&P 9c fires very softly and is easy to follow up even after a quick double tap. The sights are pretty good but, I didn't realize I had way too much finger on the trigger and I shot about 100 rounds (of UMC 115 FMJ) low and left before I finally got help with my issue. I'm a very good marksman but I don't have technical knowledge about firing good enough to diagnose myself. Figured it out with some help from one of the East Orange guys.

I haven't really figured out how to keep shooting where I really want too but, I maintained very tight 2" groups of 5 at 7 yards when I figured out where I was hitting with the first round and I never had a problem hitting within 4" of where I was aiming.

The set up I thought would be ideal last night while dry firing was not what worked well. I felt comfortable with the "M" grip and the pinky extension clip but, turns out I shoot MUCH better with the "S" grip and the flat plated mag. ??? Guess I got used to getting my pinky under the mag and I changed my grip late in my shooting. Odd feeling but I was more consistent.

I never had any misfires or ejection problems or ANY problems actually. I did notice the 12th round was very hard to get into the mag with the pinky extension but it was easy with the flat plate.

I shot some gold dot 124+P and hydra shok and decided to load it with Hornady TAP 124g for my SD. I shot a tighter group with tap and I just like what I read about it.

Not really in love with the gun but I like it enough and, I can get things done with confidence. Hopefully I can get a M&P 9 in full size before long so I can have a little more fun shooting.

All in all I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5 but, I'll review it a little further Sunday when my USACarry guys and I shoot it some more. Guess I'm still in love with my Glocks but like any bad ex-girl friend, I have to move on. ;)
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

I was thinking about getting an M&P 9 Compact for my wife to carry, mainly because of its ambi controls -- she's left-handed. How would you compare the recoil to that of a Glock 19?

Quote Originally Posted by SouldustPro View Post
    I was thinking about getting an M&P 9 Compact for my wife to carry, mainly because of its ambi controls -- she's left-handed. How would you compare the recoil to that of a Glock 19?

I have to say that the M&P doesn't feel like it's bigger than maybe a .25 Auto. Really.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Guess I'm still in love with my Glocks but like any bad ex-girl friend, I have to move on. ;)
    Bad experience with a Glock? After owning my 19 I'm not sure what could possibly be a better gun in 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Unearthed View Post
    Bad experience with a Glock? After owning my 19 I'm not sure what could possibly be a better gun in 9mm.
    I completely agree... I love my Glock 19.

I love my Glock 19 as well but, I've had a couple rounds of chemo and some radiation so when I shoot Glocks for any length of the time the hard polymer makes my hands tingle and go numb a bit. This doesn't happen with the Berretta PX4 or my M&P. I may be better with the newer Glocks with the more ergonomic straps but, I'm pretty happy with my choice.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I may be better with the newer Glocks with the more ergonomic straps but, I'm pretty happy with my choice.
    ...and that's what counts at the end of the day. I really want to like the M&P 9 compact, for the reasons already stated, and you've been a big help in bringing me to that decision. Thanks for the reports and the chatter...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12