I need some opinions/advice please help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need some opinions/advice please help!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    They are great guns. Sorry you are having issues with it. I agree with all the posts this far but cant help but wonder if the nite sights were installed correctly. Hope u get it sorted out.
    Thank you! You know I have wondered this also. The previous owner shipped the pistol to Robar to have all of the metal parts of the gun refinished and coated in ROBARS NP3 Teflon coating. Robar would have had to remove the iron sights to refinish the pistol. Maybe they reistalled the iron sights incorrectly......

3. Exactly how is it shooting at the range? Is the grouping tight, but off of point of aim or is the grouping very poor?

If the gun is just shooting to the left of point of aim, you drift the rear sight to the left to compensate or drift the front sight to the right, or you can drift them both. If they removed the sights to refinish the gun, they simply may have eyeballed the iron sights to about center on the gun and they may not actually be aligned with the bore.

I would get your laser sight shooting correctly and then take it to a gunsmith and they can drift the sights to match the laser point of aim, if it is off horizontally.

If the gun groups well but is off vertically, then you will need to file the front sight lower to raise the point of impact or install a taller front sight to lower the point of impact.

4. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Exactly how is it shooting at the range? Is the grouping tight, but off of point of aim or is the grouping very poor?

If the gun is just shooting to the left of point of aim, you drift the rear sight to the left to compensate or drift the front sight to the right, or you can drift them both. If they removed the sights to refinish the gun, they simply may have eyeballed the iron sights to about center on the gun and they may not actually be aligned with the bore.

I would get your laser sight shooting correctly and then take it to a gunsmith and they can drift the sights to match the laser point of aim, if it is off horizontally.

If the gun groups well but is off vertically, then you will need to file the front sight lower to raise the point of impact or install a taller front sight to lower the point of impact.
    The groupings are pretty consistent but they are way out of the sight picture. I don't know how to adjust the sights, I have never done that before
    Thank you for your advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12