To car safe or not to car safe that is the question? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To car safe or not to car safe that is the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    Okay, maybe I am just dense. If I have to dismantle to cross state lines I will do so, and put it in the trunk, separating the magazine from the gun, reluctantly I will. I cannot bear the thought of taking off my gun and locking it in a safe. I just can't do it. Seems totally counter intuitive to me.. where am I off base here? I am clearly out numbered.
    I have a safe in my vehicle (not the one in the picture) for the times when I have to take it off. When I take my son to his basketball games, I have to leave it in the truck. The building that houses the gym is also a municipal building (strike one). It houses a kindergarten school (strike two). The local police dept is located in the basement of the same building (strike three)...

If I have to pick up my son or daughter at school or just going to the post office.

My company does not allow carry in the building AT ALL. So all of these situations and places will require you to leave it in the vehicle.

I drive a truck and have no trunk, the console does not lock and the glove box will be the first place the _________<--(insert foul language here that pre-describes the lowlife scumbag who thinks my vehicle is a convenient place to shop) will tear into...

So the safe is needed. I feel the same when not carrying. It's kinda weird, feels like I forgot to put deodorant on...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I have a safe in my vehicle (not the one in the picture) for the times when I have to take it off. When I take my son to his basketball games, I have to leave it in the truck. The building that houses the gym is also a municipal building (strike one). It houses a kindergarten school (strike two). The local police dept is located in the basement of the same building (strike three)...

If I have to pick up my son or daughter at school or just going to the post office.

My company does not allow carry in the building AT ALL. So all of these situations and places will require you to leave it in the vehicle.

I drive a truck and have no trunk, the console does not lock and the glove box will be the first place the _________<--(insert foul language here that pre-describes the lowlife scumbag who thinks my vehicle is a convenient place to shop) will tear into...

So the safe is needed. I feel the same when not carrying. It's kinda weird, feels like I forgot to put deodorant on...
    Being that I live in a gun friendly state I can carry any place I would like to. But I still can not carry in Federally protected(Free fire zones) as such I have to leave the firearm in the car. Most glove boxes can be popped open in under a minute.I don't feel safe leaving it unattended for eight hours. Sure the glove box would work just fine for a post office trip. I also can not carry at work so the firearm stays in the car till I'm off the clock. My vehicles don't have trunks or center consoles( Ford Expedition, Volkswagen Jetta wagon). So the safe will give me piece of mind when I'm at work. On top of that if I'm feeling crazy and want to drive through MA or some other third world country(CA,NY,NJ,CT etc..) the safe will meet their laws for transport.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

you might want to check out the EZVault. here is a link. IT looks pretty cool, even has a remote control, glow in the dark combo, and key locks.
    ezVault

Semper Fi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234