To car safe or not to car safe that is the question?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To car safe or not to car safe that is the question?

To car safe or not to car safe that is the question?

Is it really worth the money to buy a gun safe for the car? How many of you just stick it in the glove box and lock it or leave it unlocked? Now that my wife is carrying she wants a place to store her firearm when she takes our kids to school. I had been sticking mine in the glove box while at work or the door pocket on long trips. I found a small safe that could fit both of our guns and mags when the law states we must disarm. I was also looking at for a hotel safe when we take family trips. So they would be away from little hands at night. I have already made up my mind on this issue but feed back would still be great.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. Gun Safe for the car

It is an interesting question and without seeming disrespectful, why do you just not wear it and negate the issue? Normally I wear even at home. If not, I keep my bedroom door locked at all times, as once again accessibility seems paramount to me. I do have a dilemma that presents itself occasionally and that is Valet parking, its impossible to wear my Glock with a nice dress...and I don't trust anyone with my car so it requires advance planning. I suppose this would be a reason for a car gun safe...however, wouldn't any Valet wonder why the safe? Nope, I don't trust anyone....need to find my Valet key!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    It is an interesting question and without seeming disrespectful, why do you just not wear it and negate the issue? Normally I wear even at home. If not, I keep my bedroom door locked at all times, as once again accessibility seems paramount to me. I do have a dilemma that presents itself occasionally and that is Valet parking, its impossible to wear my Glock with a nice dress...and I don't trust anyone with my car so it requires advance planning. I suppose this would be a reason for a car gun safe...however, wouldn't any Valet wonder why the safe? Nope, I don't trust anyone....need to find my Valet key!!
    Well the safe would be hidden in the car so Joe Schmo would not find it would out really looking for it. As for wearing it we both have them on at all times. But as stated in the OP there are times when by law you cant carry(post office,schools etc...) Not sure about you but I don't wear my firearm to bed. It goes in the safe at home when not on my side.

A good safe can be had for less than 100.00$ cheap insurance at the price.

What ever safe you get needs to be bolted or cabled to the car. Any hiding place you can think of the thief alreay knows about
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Is it really worth the money to buy a gun safe for the car? How many of you just stick it in the glove box and lock it or leave it unlocked? Now that my wife is carrying she wants a place to store her firearm when she takes our kids to school. I had been sticking mine in the glove box while at work or the door pocket on long trips. I found a small safe that could fit both of our guns and mags when the law states we must disarm. I was also looking at for a hotel safe when we take family trips. So they would be away from little hands at night. I have already made up my mind on this issue but feed back would still be great.
    I've got an Autosafe (by Sentry) mounted and cabled inside my center console. The particular model I have won't hold anything larger than a subcompact but it's fine for an HK SK, G30 or 36, etc. It proved to be thug-proof when my truck was broken into. The thief tried to pry it open but couldn't. End of story.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Thank you for posing this. i was at the LGS today and was looking at them. The one I might get is $115.00 and holds one weapon. I am still on the fence, normally I don't go in any retail places but it has to happen sometimes, like the USPS. I will see how this thread goes and might get it next trip to the LGS.

Cool Gun safe.

I have been trying to find a gun safe for my car but can't find one down here. I travel back and forth from a military reservation quite often and can not have a weapon there. I want one to put in my trunk, out of sight, and not get into trouble on post. There, it would be a Federal offense and just not worth taking chances. At home I always have my gun with me and, even with the bedroom door locked, it is within easy reach. That is called creature comfort!

I have a "travel safe" in my car to store my weapon when it has to be stored. For all other occasions it is either readily available to me or best left at home.

In this day and age with no gun zones and restrictions on when and where one can carry it has become a necessary item.. All thanks to compromise...

I have a safe in my truck...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    In this day and age with no gun zones and restrictions on when and where one can carry it has become a necessary item.. All thanks to compromise...

I have a safe in my truck...
    Quick e-mail me the combination number and or a spare key incase I'm in MA and need a firearm LOL J/K. I found a small safe that I'm thinking about moding and making into a car safe. I use the glove box now but it's just to easy to get into(even when it's locked).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast