Skewed gun rights poll needs your vote - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Skewed gun rights poll needs your vote

Some polls aren't worthy of participation. This is one of them.

Just because they post it doesn't mean you have to participate in it.

The fewer people who pay attention to it the better. Exercise some self-restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Some polls aren't worthy of participation. This is one of them.

Just because they post it doesn't mean you have to participate in it.

The fewer people who pay attention to it the better. Exercise some self-restraint.
    The fact of the matter is the people who do participate in these polls will be the ones clambering for tighter gun control laws and when they get the attention of the elected officials then what?

I live in a frigging assbackwards state (MA) with gun laws that make no sense now and are confusing and restrictive to the point of making the gun owner a criminal by default by the mere fact he/she owns one!!! DO you think things will get better?
    And when the legislation is enacted and they strip us of out rights what will you do?

Poll Results:

Thank you for voting.

What do you think of current gun laws in the United States?
    Current laws are too strict. Any infringement upon gun owners' rights is an infringement upon the 2nd amendment. 32%
    Current laws are not strict enough. We need to regulate access to deadly weapons. 67%
    Not sure. 0%

Yea, keep supporting restrictive legislation and that is what you will get...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Voted… 67% not strict enough 33% too strict

Quote Originally Posted by Darrah30 View Post
    Voted… 67% not strict enough 33% too strict
    Same when I voted. Too strict per the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    The fact of the matter is the people who do participate in these polls will be the ones clambering for tighter gun control laws and when they get the attention of the elected officials then what?

I live in a frigging assbackwards state (MA) with gun laws that make no sense now and are confusing and restrictive to the point of making the gun owner a criminal by default by the mere fact he/she owns one!!! DO you think things will get better?
    And when the legislation is enacted and they strip us of out rights what will you do?

Poll Results:

Thank you for voting.

What do you think of current gun laws in the United States?
    Current laws are too strict. Any infringement upon gun owners' rights is an infringement upon the 2nd amendment. 32%
    Current laws are not strict enough. We need to regulate access to deadly weapons. 67%
    Not sure. 0%

Yea, keep supporting restrictive legislation and that is what you will get...
    The problem is that the way the poll is phrased, it is going to come out 2/3rds in favor of stricter control. Adding to the the absolute number of participants is just giving credibility to the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The problem is that the way the poll is phrased, it is going to come out 2/3rds in favor of stricter control. Adding to the the absolute number of participants is just giving credibility to the poll.
    Ignoring the warning is dangerous.

Yes, the poll is a pile of useless monkey *****, but in the wake of the latest incident that poll and others could be indicative of what is to come... That is what I fear. It will become a battle with some willing to concede bits and pieces of what they consider reasonable restrictions for perceived yet non existing gains...

No thanks...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

8. Voted!

9. I decided not to vote the enemy must be taken out..... Words spoken form Obama. If they bring a knife you bring a gun...what leader of this Rebublic. Can anyone say Communist????
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

10. 73% for stricter....27% for less
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Too strict was my vote.....On a side note. When I was applying for my permit, 2 Sheriffs came to my house and interviewed me first, and then my wife separately. She was asked questions like how much do I drink, was I abusive, do I have any mental issues, would she feel safe with me having a gun in the house. And all my references were also contacted and interviewed. What are Arizona's rules for gun ownership? Can you just walk in to a gun store and buy one?
    My interview took place in my living room, so the Sheriff obviously could see the way I lived. I am sure a lot can be learned about a person from seeing their home surroundings. I have no shrines, and worship only GOD! PEACE!
    How could the parents not be disturbed by the shrine in their yard with the SKULL on top, what is wrong with them, why would they allow this?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast