Skewed gun rights poll needs your vote - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Skewed gun rights poll needs your vote

voted!

3. I voted

I voted and unfortunately it is at 69/31 in the liberals favor.....

I just voted.
    Peter King offered a new law. Nobody can have a firearm if they are withing 1000ft of a Federal Official. Yeah, that will work.
    First off "federal official"? Guess that would include your letter carrier. Nothing ambiguous about the term "Federal official"
    Now let me see.. shooting and killing was not against the law in Tuscon Arizona on Saturday the 8th correct?
    Soooo since it was legal to shoot and kill people in Tuscon we need a new law.
    Peter King from Long Island New York home of that other genius (barrel shroud??? "it's a thing that goes up") US Rep. Carolyn Maloney has come up with this well thought law to prevent such a shooting in the future.
    I am sooo positive that the 1000ft law would have prevented this killing spree from happening. Who would ever cross the 1000 ft rule to shoot up the place.
    I think we should contact his office and point out the genius of his plan!
    No he's not pandering to the liberals on LI that made Maloney the gun control poster girl. BTW King is a REPUBLICAN!
    So in the spirit of the events of last Saturday..no agenda here at all, I am calling for an immediate Federal mandate that... dare I even use the word Tar_et (don't want to inflame anyone) Stores be forced to close until the remove their incendiary offensive logo before we suffer more killing sprees
    Here's to you Peter King!

6. Voted. Blaming a gun for a Murder is like blaming matches for an Arson.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I just voted.
    Peter King offered a new law. Nobody can have a firearm if they are withing 1000ft of a Federal Official. Yeah, that will work.
    First off "federal official"? Guess that would include your letter carrier. Nothing ambiguous about the term "Federal official"
    Now let me see.. shooting and killing was not against the law in Tuscon Arizona on Saturday the 8th correct?
    Soooo since it was legal to shoot and kill people in Tuscon we need a new law.
    Peter King from Long Island New York home of that other genius (barrel shroud??? "it's a thing that goes up") US Rep. Carolyn Maloney has come up with this well thought law to prevent such a shooting in the future.
    I am sooo positive that the 1000ft law would have prevented this killing spree from happening. Who would ever cross the 1000 ft rule to shoot up the place.
    I think we should contact his office and point out the genius of his plan!
    No he's not pandering to the liberals on LI that made Maloney the gun control poster girl. BTW King is a REPUBLICAN!
    So in the spirit of the events of last Saturday..no agenda here at all, I am calling for an immediate Federal mandate that... dare I even use the word Tar_et (don't want to inflame anyone) Stores be forced to close until the remove their incendiary offensive logo before we suffer more killing sprees
    Here's to you Peter King!
    Maybe they could make them all stand in the open spots between the school zones. I HATE the antis'......
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Yrose View Post
    I voted and unfortunately it is at 69/31 in the liberals favor.....
    Even worse 70/30 right now. Bet the left-wingers are voting more than once so so did I.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Even worse 70/30 right now. Bet the left-wingers are voting more than once so so did I.
    Oh you can vote more than once?

Beyond that, what I find odd is there have been no choices for the third option. Also, the poll doesn't say how many people have voted.

I think it's just rigged.

There probably just changing the values at will, we could vote until we're blue in the face and it would still favor their position.

I have yet to see a gun poll so strong against firearms as this one.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Other than using different browsers and different computers I found out how they are voting as many times as they want. Private browsing. Just open vote close and open again. This poll proves nothing, however they will claim it represents the peoples will!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

The anti-private gun ownership argument is emotionally reactive, unreasoned and ignorant. Those who hold the POV do not consider facts and are stubbornly unwilling to consider facts or think critically about the issue. They talk as if guns have some kind of power over the brains of those who have them to make people go murderously berserk. That kind of thinking can rarely be reasoned with. They seem not only content in their ignorance, but called to intrude their imaginations on all of us.

Also, it is not just ideas and pressure coming solely from within the US. Individuals among our allies (UK especially) seem to be personally invested in our gun laws as if they themselves are affected. They lobby friends and family from outside as if they should have some say in our legislation. I don't understand why. I think they should butt out. It is none of their business. And, they are coming from a skewed status quo on the issue being accustomed to stringent gun control laws and customs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast