Gun Control Article on CNN
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Gun Control Article on CNN

  1. Gun Control Article on CNN

    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

  2.   
  3. #2
    It makes me sick to see all those jackwagons who are trying to use this tragedy to gain something politically! They should be voted out of office on the spot! CNN, MSNBC should be taken off the air! Fox news has enough brains to just cover the story and not try and push it's own views. I can see the brady guys/girls now foaming at the mouth over this shooting. Because they see it as a chance to push their views on America!

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  4. #3
    My take is, If guns weren't available, this nut job could have killed just as many people with a machete, malatov cocktail, grenade or even a truck. Actually he could have killed more people with a fricking pickup truck. Guns don't kill people, People kill people!!

    I have to admit, this is the first time in a long time, I have read anything from CNN(communist news network).

  5. #4
    I usually don't watch MSNBC but I did last night. I watched the host (a Mr. Odonnel) a self admitted Socialist cry about the NRA and how they and brain washed Republicans were responsible for this shooting. No the guy who did this is responsible...not one of Sarah Palins maps, the NRA or any law abiding citizen. He did this on his own. If we do have gun control, the thugs will still have their guns. It is sad to say but if we did or didn't have gun control, there will always be some nut to do something like this. The government cannot keep us perfectly safe and no matter how many rules and regulations we get, this is going to happen at some time or another....that's just how it is. We are not perfect people. My question is, if there had been several law abiding, permit carrying, gun carrying citizens close by...how many lives would have been SAVED?????? Yes the thug would have been killed but a Federal Judge, a precious 9 yr old girl, and several other people may still be alive today.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wendell View Post
    I usually don't watch MSNBC but I did last night. I watched the host (a Mr. Odonnel) a self admitted Socialist cry about the NRA and how they and brain washed Republicans were responsible for this shooting. No the guy who did this is responsible...not one of Sarah Palins maps, the NRA or any law abiding citizen. He did this on his own. If we do have gun control, the thugs will still have their guns. It is sad to say but if we did or didn't have gun control, there will always be some nut to do something like this. The government cannot keep us perfectly safe and no matter how many rules and regulations we get, this is going to happen at some time or another....that's just how it is. We are not perfect people. My question is, if there had been several law abiding, permit carrying, gun carrying citizens close by...how many lives would have been SAVED?????? Yes the thug would have been killed but a Federal Judge, a precious 9 yr old girl, and several other people may still be alive today.


    The first guy that tackeld the shooter did have his carry permit and his gun on him at the time.

    CNN actually reported that story believe it or not.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidr1 View Post
    The first guy that tackeld the shooter did have his carry permit and his gun on him at the time.

    CNN actually reported that story believe it or not.
    He was not the first guy to hold down the shooter he was the third by his own account. A lady the shooter had already shot pulled a mag away from him and held him then a second guy followed. The guy with the CCW came running after hearing the gun shots and helped hold down the shooter.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  8. Well it's certainly great to see that there were a few sheepdogs among the people that were there. Who knows how many lives they saved by stopping the guy when they did?

    They may have not been armed at the time to stop the threat as soon as it emerged, but at least they didn't let themselves become helpless victims, and instead fought back.

  9. #8
    I stand corrected....Thanks.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    16
    At the risk of going off on a tangent...I find it interesting that many elected representatives say they will begin carrying, themselves, and I don't hear anyone, not even the most liberal media, squawking about that. I seems that if a person, or a class of people, is directly threatened, all but the most radical of anti-gunners take it for granted that arming themselves is a rational choice. But when the "general public", composed mostly of law-abiding citizens, is threatened (as we are, every day), it becomes irrational to do so.

    I would never wish a tragedy like this on anyone, but like any traumatic event, it can reveal truths that are obscured by blathering rhetoric. Pearl Harbor revealed Axis warmongering in a way impossible to refute, 9/11 revealed the radical Islamist agenda of Bin Ladin that those studying terrorism (like me) had been dutifully warning about since 1994; Oklahoma City revealed the dangers of home-grown ultra-right radicalism; what will the public learn from this? I hope it is first, that known mentally ill people (such as Loughton) should not be allowed the same access to weapons that other citizens have and second, even dedicated security or nearby police officers (there must have been some there, though I haven't read much about it) can't protect citizens from violence.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado / Colorado
    Posts
    246

    I agree, mpohio.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    My take is, If guns weren't available, this nut job could have killed just as many people with a machete, malatov cocktail, grenade or even a truck. Actually he could have killed more people with a fricking pickup truck. Guns don't kill people, People kill people!!

    I have to admit, this is the first time in a long time, I have read anything from CNN(communist news network).
    Bad people can get guns or will use whatever they have at hand to kill. Based on your comment and my opinion as well, some politician needs to propose a ban on motorized vehicles, hammers, screwdrivers (and "screwy" drivers), glass bottles (for 'cocktails'), meat cleavers etc. I'd love to see someone propose THAT... A great laugh.
    The fact is this: we're still animals, not unlike any other. Supposedly, chimpanzees (our cousins) are the only animals to kill out of aggression. Wrong again. These people don't own dogs or cats (or know anyone who does own dogs, cats)??? Do they ever watch TruTV- about the giraffes that fought right next to some tourists on a safari trip? All animals have aggressive tendencies of some sort. Let's ban giraffes, while we're at it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BATFE: Any Semi-Auto Can Be A Machine Gun
    By Oregon Vet in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 07:23 AM
  2. Illinois Showdown looms on gun control
    By lukem in forum Illinois Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 12:44 PM
  3. Gun Control Leads to Militarized Law Enforcement
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 04:59 AM
  4. Gun Rights Threatened In 2008
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:59 PM
  5. As Senate Reconvenes... Veterans Disarmament Bill Offers False Hopes
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast