Carrying a copy of your Concealed Carry Permit? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Carrying a copy of your Concealed Carry Permit?

  1. #31
    JSDinTexas Guest
    Texas says in Govt Code Section 411.205:
    "GC 411.205. REQUIREMENT TO DISPLAY LICENSE. (a) If a license
    holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder's
    person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license
    holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license
    holder's driver's license or identification certificate issued by the
    department and the license holder's handgun license."

    It doesn't say a copy of ... Still, if one insists upon showing a 'copy' of the license, I would suggest using a paper copy of the gun too, it would not need bullets, and make it a lot easier to carry.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    It doesn't say a copy of ... Still, if one insists upon showing a 'copy' of the license, I would suggest using a paper copy of the gun too, it would not need bullets, and make it a lot easier to carry.
    Actually you need to make copies of the bullets as well.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I have yet to find a copy machine that can do my CCW Badge justice.
    Don't laugh too hard, they do make 3-D printers for metal.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Actually you need to make copies of the bullets as well.
    And the magic smoke and flames.

  6. #35
    I would think that carrying a copy of your CPL is like carrying a copy of your drivers license. Probably not a good idea in most states

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    And the magic smoke and flames.
    I get enough flames just posting on this site. It seems that some people just don't have much of a sence of humor.

  8. #37
    I was told by the sheriff that issued my permit in PA that I could make a copy and carry it. But that was back when the permit wasn't a photo ID card and was a little large... like 4x6".

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ID9mm View Post
    In Idaho, your CWL is issued by the DMV and looks just like a drivers license. You must carry the original just like you are required to carry your original drivers license (A copy is not worth the paper it is printed on). If you lose your original all you have to do is go to the DMV to get a duplicate.
    Weird, never heard of the DMV issuing them but it makes sense. Here in VA once you have a CHP it's automatically tied to your DL and your plates. We have a very advanced (security wise) license but a ghetto paper CHP.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I get enough flames just posting on this site. It seems that some people just don't have much of a sence of humor.
    Come on...it is nice to break the ice every now and then. I like your sense of humour. And a lot of some posters here too. Sometimes I am still smiling before I go to sleep at night just remembering some posts here. Forget the party poopers. They have nothing to do with their life but complain...nice to have your humour around here. Keep 'em coming...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Come on...it is nice to break the ice every now and then. I like your sense of humour. And a lot of some posters here too. Sometimes I am still smiling before I go to sleep at night just remembering some posts here. Forget the party poopers. They have nothing to do with their life but complain...nice to have your humour around here. Keep 'em coming...
    Oh trust me, I don't think I will run out of material anytime soon. I make a good colour commentator.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast