Your Concealed weapon is useless
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Concealed weapon is useless

1. Your Concealed weapon is useless

At least, that's the claim that this video makes...Of course, I think the video is biased, giving someone several hours of training and expecting them to respond favorably to an active shooter isn't exactly a scientific evaluation. No time was given to build physical muscle memory or more importantly the mental prep that goes in to carrying a gun.

YouTube - Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part One
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Jesus Christ!

Thanks for the video. ABC is so full of it that I can't stand it.

Yes, many of us (those who carry and train regularly) might be killed in a real situation such as that. However, I'd rather be able to defend myself than to hunker down behind a desk unarmed.

Point is a good one about mind set and training. The rest is good ole PROPAGANDA.
    They're right in the fact that MOST, to include LEO's, don't have the stress training to react in most combat situations. NOT sure how I'd react to the intensity myself except that;
    Situational awareness keeps me alerted to people, places and things in my immediate surroundings.
    A mind set that I will react to a threat with my mind first, weapon second.
    If I draw, I shoot to center mass. Two rounds, check and repeat if necessary. Cognizant of my surroundings as always.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

This was on tv and was staged.

As I recall, correct me if I am wrong, the shooter was told in advance who was armed.

-Doc

6. I do recall that being the case. At the very least, they knew what spot to look at, because each of the carriers was in the same location, every time.

They have to stage propaganda like this in order to get their point across, and it gets aired on public television. On the other hand, our countless "Armed Citizen" moments never seem to make it to National TV. The only ones that do, are usually when it's a CCW holder that f***ed up.

I still can't believe this trash, and what's worse is the ignorant are not going to know any better.

What a crock, makes me mad just watching it.

three times i have had to use my useless concealed weapon to thwart a would be alledged assailant and each time my useless concealed weapon caused the would be alledged assailants to flee. but considering my concealed weapon is useless the would be alledged assailants must have been frightened off by my looks or mabye my dedordent had failed resulting in body odor. perhaps the possibility that the police might come someday could also have caused the would be alledged assailants to flee. i guess the concealed weapon was useless unless you consider that after seeing my now unconcealed weapon pointing at their bodies the would be alledged assailants had to return home to wash their underwear thereby necessitating the purchasing of laundry soap and thereby helping the economy and in a small way helping a person in the laundry soap business keep their job. oh and possibly my wifes and my own lives were saved also.

^ Make sure to carry a gun you are unfamiliar with in a holster you are unfamiliar with while wearing gloves that wont fit in the trigger guard and an oversized wanna be rapper shirt while doing all this.

10. Completely agree with everyone here. Muscle memory is so important to a time=life situation such as the scenario they put these fresh students in. They had the shooter on the extreme end (trained Police officer). They should have used a CCW Instructor or CCW with verifiable advanced training if they wanted it to be fair.

Most 'active shooters' that I've read about seem to be mental cases not expert marksmen.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Thumbs down ABC Propaganda

Typical ABC propaganda. I wish ABC would stick to what it knows instead of finding fault in things they know nothing about. I have had to use my useless concealed carry gun to defend myself and my family and I don't think the perpetrators were too concerned whether I was capable of shooting them right there on the spot. I train regularly and my training is what allowed me to persevere in the above said situations. If you don't want to be shorn, don't be sheep! Train as you live and live as you train! Jeeesh, I get worked up when I see this kind of drivel. The above quote is spot on; unfamiliar gun, unfamiliar holster, gangsta tshirt and gloves. Not to mention a total tyro shooter. Why didn't they tie one hand behind his back as well?

Nuff said!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast