What type of ammo did Jared Loughner used at the Tuscon shooting?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of ammo did Jared Loughner used at the Tuscon shooting?

Question What type of ammo did Jared Loughner used at the Tuscon shooting?

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know what type ammo the idiot used in the Az. shooting? I know it was 9mm. and Giraldo called it a massive bullet. But I think it must have been FMJ since it sliced through her brain. Just wondering.

First off, Geraldo is a moron. He's so anti that in his opinion a .22 is 'massive'. I guess a .50AE would be ginormous.

I have to believe he used ball ammo for the obvious.

prolly standard ball ammo. cnn says he bought it from walmart. walmart doesnt carry hollowpoints in anything but 22 lr

It's hard to piece things together with the information given. I read in one article that he had two 15 round magazines in his pocket, which assumes to me that he had a glock 19, assuming that he had 9mm ammunition. I think he bought something like 6 boxes of ammunition at the second walmart, which, of course, was looked at in a critical way by the media. For the non-media, 6 boxes is a good number for breaking in a gun, with possibly a few cartridges left over for next time!
    I purchased some 9mm remmington jhp at walmart, but they're not as stocked and available as the fmj, at least in the walmarts that I shop in.

I know we can all save money for the things we want, but a buying a glock, a high capacity magazine, and multiple boxes of ammunition, as well as taxis and hotel rooms seems kind of pricey for a guy who doesn't work.
    Just a few personal thoughts, based on my own financial limitations.

I apologize in advance if some of my comments on the Tucson situation are inaccurate. I did hear that much of the incident was captured on video camera from local stores. It will be interesting to see what comes of that footage, though I'm sure it will probably be kept under lock and key.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know what type ammo the idiot used in the Az. shooting?.
    The TYPE that Kills.............
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know what type ammo the idiot used in the Az. shooting? I know it was 9mm. and Giraldo called it a massive bullet. But I think it must have been FMJ since it sliced through her brain. Just wondering.
    From the information I have gathered the firearm used was a 9 mm Glock.
    Someone else on this forum stated that it was FMJ, because he purchased it at Wal-Mart. But I have purchased jacketed hollow-points at Wal-Mart, so the ammo the dirt-bag shooter used could have been JHP. However my guess is it was FMJ because it is cheaper.

Although I have not purchased ammo at the Wal-Marts in my area lately, they have had a limit of 6 boxes a day.

8. AZ shooter used Glock 19.

Local TV news says shooter purchased a Glock 19 with extended
    mags (holds 30+) and FMJ ammo from Walmart (the first Walmart
    refused because he was "acting too weird."
    The Safeway is 5 miles from my house, and the wife and I planned to buy groceries there around noon after our late Sat breakfast. Our prayers go out to all victims.

Based on everything I have read it was a Glock 19 which means it was 9mmP. I've seen that reported by several sources. They went so far as to have a scale drawing of it with the extended magazine in the Wall Street Journal (WSJ), Wednesday, lower right corner of page A5. They had a slight error in their description of the striker mechanism in that diagram, but the rest was accurate. There are also pictures of him with it that show it as a Glock 19 (too big to be a 26, too small to be a 17 or 34).

My local WalMart carries WWB in 9mmP at about $23.00/100 rounds. I didn't see any hollow point ammo there but that doesn't mean there wasn't any, just that I didn't see it. The local WalMart keeps their ammo in locked shelves with plastic fronts, but it's at an alkward distance for these old eyes and trifocals.

If he'd been buying premium self defense ammo, COR-BON DPX for example, he have been spending over a buck a round. I don't think paying that much for ammo is consistant with how much of it he had. He apparently had about 90 rounds with him when he started shooting and had left a black bag containing more ammunition at the intersection of two washes in the desert where he ran away from his father earlier that morning.

The investigation/data gathering is apparently going on at a furious pace. I doubt any one person knows all they have learned, maybe not any two people. The story is fleshing out though and shows a very disturbed young man who planned and carried out an attack with the effort spanning several months. I suspect it won't be very long before the story goes quiet until the trial starts.

Fitch

Just a guess but considering he bought it from walmart and had two 33 round and 2-15 round ammothingies to load I would say Winchester White Box ammo but that is a complete assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post

I know we can all save money for the things we want, but a buying a glock, a high capacity magazine, and multiple boxes of ammunition, as well as taxis and hotel rooms seems kind of pricey for a guy who doesn't work.
    Just a few personal thoughts, based on my own financial limitations.
    He was probably doing what the voices inside his head were telling him.

What I hate is the media and politicians never waste an opportunity to turn it around and go after the groups they fear.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast