Bad experience at local sporting goods store - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad experience at local sporting goods store

After years of reading posts in forums such as this, I know - as we all do - that there are those who peruse these pages just to find mistakes and bring them to the attention of others, ostensibly so that they can appear intelligent, albeit at the expense of the original poster.

For myself, I find these people amusing and I always try to include at least one inappropriate word or misspelling somewhere on the site to give them nourishment for their habit.

Perhaps, after a thorough and careful examination of my reply, they might be able to find the one in this pots...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    I would be interested to know this as well. I have a total of 9 AK's, including 2, 1960 Polish milled receiver models, and none of them have this feature??? Bill T.
    Yeah me too. So far this discussion has spiraled down into an argument about being polite and what a "clip" is. I was just trying to point out an obvious poser trying to be a gun safety instructor. Oh well, I'll keep my mouth shut in the future. Well probably not...

About 40 years ago, I was in a chain store that had a gun shop in it. I was waiting for the clerk to finish with another customer. The clerk took a pump-action shotgun off the rack to show it to the other customer. The customer looked at it, racked the slide, closed the slide, and then handed it back to the clerk. The clerk pointed it at my stomach and pulled the trigger.

I said, "You had that pointed right at my stomach and snapped the trigger. Don't you know anything about safe gun handling?" He said, "It was unloaded." I said, "I want to talk the manager." He said, "I am the manager." I said, "I'll never be back in here again. Goodbye."
    Charlie

5. Hey may have been a Department Mgr. If he was the store manager I would have contacted the chain and had him fired.

Lightbulb WWJD? Certainly not call magazines "clips".

"And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you go to post on the internet, first do a google search for a glosary of firearms terms. Learn to use those terms correctly, and then other gunowners who see what you have done will reward you with lots of useful information."

I posted that quote on the now non-exsistant "Religion and Guns" forum, but it applies equally well here.

You should have told him what he did wrong and why. There is a chance he did not know any better. If he knew better then now he knows why you left and won't be back. When you leave without saying anything the problem is still there.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    You should have told him what he did wrong and why. There is a chance he did not know any better. If he knew better then now he knows why you left and won't be back. When you leave without saying anything the problem is still there.
    Thank you Edsworld for pointing out to the people who get so worked up over this how to correct the problem instead of storming out and never returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeorific View Post
    Good point. Maybe we should all start doing that. It would drive Professor G50AE nuts. Then of course maybe we could all chip in and buy him a dictionary, though I doubt he would use it!!!

And, of course, my clips are all full.............
    You mean your ammothingies?

I understand that guns are usually unloaded in the store, but that wouldn't be a place I'd return to. Also, if this is the store i'm thinking of (rhymes with ick), I noticed immediately when I asked for assistance that their sales staff didn't have a clue what was going on.

The guy at the local gun store that helps me always keeps the gun pointed in a safe direction and does a safety check before handing it to me. I spose it makes a difference though when the salesman is himself a true gun enthusiast and has his ccw.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123