CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas) - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas)

your right

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Why do I have to get up and run away? You must live in a "you have to retreat" state. I do not. The law gives me the right to stand my ground. If I have a right to be there, I don't have to leave unless I want to. The attacker may leave in a manner that may not include breathing. I hope it never comes to it but you have to be prepared.
    the law says i do have to retreat if i can.i read a magazine recently about a man shooting someone in defence spending 2years in jail before trail then haveing the case thrown out. i wonder, does he still have a job, a house, a family. i bet he wishes he would have retreated .

3. Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    the law says i do have to retreat if i can.i read a magazine recently about a man shooting someone in defence spending 2years in jail before trail then haveing the case thrown out. i wonder, does he still have a job, a house, a family. i bet he wishes he would have retreated .
    "Assailed person has no duty to retreat, he may stand his ground and defend himself". Is what my state says. Sorry you live in a state where the criminal dictates the situation. Get hold of your representatives and get that changed.

As far as "spending 2 years in jail" i've heard of global warming, flying pigs, and that elvis is still alive. As well all know, if its printed its true.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    With a good lawyer, he will make the police pay. Does he still have the things you mentioned, I don't know. That is part of the cost the lawyer will try to get. Problem is, he will never get those two years back.

im origanally from queens new york city, south side. im got married,have 2 children,im 40 and im currently in upstate newyork.i have my ccw for newyork state which is not valid in new york city and a non residency for pa. always people exagerate the situation.this is not the ufc,your not fighting bruce lee.your not a 90 year old fight a highly train 20 year old.so lets cut that out of it shall we.ive been knocked down before from behind and was punched and kicked the wholle time it took me to get to my feet.form what im told.knocking some one down is a scare tactic. meaning after your knocked to the ground its now ez to say give me your wallet. lets say your didnt have a gun what would you do.get up and fight back or give up the wallet.my point during an assault or robbery ,when no weapon is shown, does that warrent deadly phsycal force . my question to you is . does a strong arm robbery entitle a ccw person to shoot. is a bg'S life worth 20$. please dont add kicking in the head jumping on your chest. lets keep it knocked to the ground. as a ccw person not a police officer.a police officer can respond diffrently. please respond
    In Florida:
    776.08 Forcible felony.
    "Forcible felony" means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.
    Which is grounds for use of deadly force.
    776.012 Use of force in defense of person.
    A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
    (1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or

(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.

776.031 Use of force in defense of others.
    A person is justified in the use of force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on, or other tortious or criminal interference with, either real property other than a dwelling or personal property, lawfully in his or her possession or in the possession of another who is a member of his or her immediate family or household or of a person whose property he or she has a legal duty to protect. However, the person is justified in the use of deadly force only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person does not have a duty to retreat if the person is in a place where he or she has a right to be.
    Florida laws spell it out but it still does happen that it gets taken to court on occasion. Where it usually ends up getting thrown out as justified.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    In Florida:

Which is grounds for use of deadly force.

Florida laws spell it out but it still does happen that it gets taken to court on occasion. Where it usually ends up getting thrown out as justified.
    would just being thrrow to the ground make you feel that your life is in danger.i hope you dont disagree i might just get banned

would just being thrrow to the ground make you feel that your life is in danger.i hope you dont disagree i might just get banned
    That wouldn't be what would set off the use. The fact that robbery is a forcible felony would. I would suspect anyone who comes out of the blue and attacks of one of several things: 1.) Robbery attempt, 2.) assualt with intent to commit bodily harm, 3.) any other forcible felony. But it all depends on where and who you are with. And who the attacker is with.

does a strong arm robbery entitle a ccw person to shoot. is a bg'S life worth 20$. please dont add kicking in the head jumping on your chest. lets keep it knocked to the ground. as a ccw person not a police officer.a police officer can respond diffrently. please respond
    We've already established that for the purpose of this thread you've been knocked to the ground by a criminal who is continuing the attack
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

We've already established that for the purpose of this thread you've been knocked to the ground by a criminal who is continuing the attack
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

if you want to drop it dont come back,also i dont beleive you talked to those ppl and read all that stuff. your the reason why they want to take guns away from us
    in post 89 this person says he has not called anyone a name or disrespected anone. in this quote i am as much as called a liar and without any valid evidence accused of being the reason they want to take our guns away. if the language used here isnt being disrespectfull what is? i honestly do not mind it when people dissagree with me but lets keep it civil. oh and i try very hard to be safe and legal with my firearm so as not to give the gun-grabbers cause. i can even see where discussing this can cause all of us to make sure we are legal in our own state. and i did check with all those people to make sure i would be legal to use deadly force. i would be. if you disagree with me thats fine with me. again i say lets be civil and agree to disagree.

Guys he's a FRAKKING TROLL ignore him and he'll go away

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast