CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas) - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas)

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    And that is why even proponents of concealed carry are pushing for licensing.
    The vast majority of permit holder's I've run into a solidly behind Vermont Carry

Please note this poll on gunrightsmedia.org Oleg Volk's new website

http://gunrightsmedia.org/showthread...ght=permitless

294 yes 26 no
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

bodily harm

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Being thrown to the ground and assaulted removes any "rights" the BG's may have had in my opinion. Such action switches on my "
    right" to defend myself from bodily harm.
    y yes defend yourself,however being throw to the ground does not justify deadly force

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The vast majority of permit holder's I've run into a solidly behind Vermont Carry

Please note this poll on gunrightsmedia.org Oleg Volk's new website

Do you support nation wide permitless carry ? - GunRightsMedia

294 yes 26 no
    OK, I agree that I should have been more clear about what I was intending to say. I should have put the qualifier "Far Too Many" in there when I posted that. It is just a matter of opinion on my part, but I believe that 7.25% is far too large of a number for Pro Gunners to vote No. I apologize for not clarifying and making a better statement.

But aside from that I hope that my thoughts were well received, and made sense.
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    yes defend yourself,however being throw to the ground does not justify deadly force
    How do you figure? If you've already thrown me to the ground what is to stop you stomping my head in? What is to stop you kicking a rib through my lung?

I'm too old to get into a fist fight w/ a younger opponent, I am not willing to take the risk of a crushed eye socket or deviated septum or brain damage.

Google one punch homocide then get back to me
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

being thrown to the ground can cause severe injuries and even death. a friend of mine was accosted thrown to the ground which resulted in 3 surgeries to repair the damage to her leg. the doctor said her injuries could have been life-threatening if help had not come as soon as it did. if put in that situation i will use my gun to stop the threat because i would believe my life to be threatened.

do u own a gun

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    being thrown to the ground can cause severe injuries and even death. a friend of mine was accosted thrown to the ground which resulted in 3 surgeries to repair the damage to her leg. the doctor said her injuries could have been life-threatening if help had not come as soon as it did. if put in that situation i will use my gun to stop the threat because i would believe my life to be threatened.
    throwing some one to the ground is not deadly force the police throw bad guys to the ground all the time. i have a ccw and study the penal code, you sound as if you wished you had a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    throwing some one to the ground is not deadly force the police throw bad guys to the ground all the time. i have a ccw and study the penal code, you sound as if you wished you had a gun.

The police have rules of engagement criminals do not. Knock me to the ground in a fight and I am going to draw

9. Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    You study the penal code, eh? I'll leave that alone. Each state has their own statutes and procedures. Its not wise to make such generalizations. If a teenager throws a 70 year old man who uses a walking device (cane, etc) to the ground and continues the attack is this not potentially deadly for the man?

I can think of multiple situations where I believe a person would be justified in using deadly force after being thrown to the ground. Especially if the attack continues, and especially if disparity of force exists.

Here is the result of being thrown to the ground (albeit by multiple people estimated around 15 by witnesses). I have no doubt I would've been killed if not for my duty partner and police officers getting there on time (imagine that). Broken sinus bone which luckily healed on its own. Torn muscles all over body, had my ankle stomped, I was wearing a vest and had boot prints all over me including my torso, I had bruised and sore ribs which may well would have been broken if not for the vest. I speak with some experience on the subject that once you go to the ground anything can happen. To answer you next question NO I did not shoot. While being kicked in the head I could not see, at last count my partner was next to me I did not want to fire and end up hitting my partner, also felt that if I drew my weapon could have been taken from me and used against my partner and other innocents.Then I was knocked out by what witnesses believe was 45-60 seconds after hitting the ground (ya, I was trying to get up...didn't work well) when one person connected solidly with their heal on the right side of my face, knocking my head into the ground.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Practice, Practice, Practice.

regarding armed-an-rdy comment that it sounded like i wished i had a gun, i dont wish, i own and carry one. i have spent days in class and on the range when i went to the peace officers acadamy. i practice frequently and always try to do better. i have had to use my gun a few times but i always have preferred to walk away when possible, but sometimes it is not feasible. after being thrown to the ground it is simply not feasible to back away and i will be damned if i do not use my gun to defend myself. the assailent could still have a concealed gun or knife. steeled-toe boots and fists can cause much damage or death. i realize that there may be consequences depending on the state you live in but the key word here is LIVE. and i intend to keep doing so.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast