CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas) - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas)

armed-an-rdy said i should check the penel code. i did. i also checked with a judge,a prosecutor.,several leo i know,a crimminal defence lawyer, and they were in total agreement that being thrown to the ground by an assailent is grounds for drawing your gun and using it to defend yourself against 'great bodily harm or death'. after reading the applicable statutes and listening to these individuals expertise i am forced to conclude that armed-an-rdy's information is wrong for the state in which i live. perhaps he lives in a state that has different laws. i also would bet that most states would say it was justifiable. i choose to agree with the judge,the prosecutor,the lawyer,the leo's,the applicable statutes,as well as common sense that i would be justified using deadly force. to armed-an-rdy lets move on. most of the people who have commented agree with me. this could be debated forever so lets just agree to disagree. your mind is made up so lets drop it. good luck

not true

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    armed-an-rdy said i should check the penel code. i did. i also checked with a judge,a prosecutor.,several leo i know,a crimminal defence lawyer, and they were in total agreement that being thrown to the ground by an assailent is grounds for drawing your gun and using it to defend yourself against 'great bodily harm or death'. after reading the applicable statutes and listening to these individuals expertise i am forced to conclude that armed-an-rdy's information is wrong for the state in which i live. perhaps he lives in a state that has different laws. i also would bet that most states would say it was justifiable. i choose to agree with the judge,the prosecutor,the lawyer,the leo's,the applicable statutes,as well as common sense that i would be justified using deadly force. to armed-an-rdy lets move on. most of the people who have commented agree with me. this could be debated forever so lets just agree to disagree. your mind is made up so lets drop it. good luck
    if you want to drop it dont come back,also i dont beleive you talked to those ppl and read all that stuff. your the reason why they want to take guns away from us

I'm in SC and if someone throws me to the ground their will only be one person talking to the Police.

jail

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    I'm in SC and if someone throws me to the ground their will only be one person talking to the Police.
    and one person going to trail then jail

No sir

I smell troll.

Just so everyone's on the same page though, I'm talking about a criminal assailant who throws me down and continues the attack. If they throw me down ( why in the Hell am I in a fist fight anyway) and back off of course I wouldn't be justified in shooting.

That said I can't conceive of circumstances in wich I would allow an attacker that close w/ out drawing my gun anyway.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    Finally, some common sense!

9. Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    and one person going to trail then jail
    Most everyone here disagrees with you, you've yet to post any real statute or "penal" code that supports your opinion. Please post relevant supporting documentation to backup your stance I think we'd all appreciate it. Many have articulated in detail quoting statutes and details regarding why they feel being thrown to the ground by an assailant in some circumstances would result in them using deadly force.

You have offered one liner responses, and a desire to cause confrontation. Again, Please submit supporting documentation OR explain your stance in detail using more than 1 sentence. I think a paragraph of explanation summarizing laws, ethics, morals, and why you came to the conclusion would be best.

If not then as stated before - agree to disagree.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Sorry, but armed-an-rdy would be going to the morgue while I'd be going to the hospital before going home. I won't put myself in a position to take a fall, as it could either make me a vegetable or kill me, without defending myself. Up to and including the use of deadly force. And be totally justified.

Per FS 776.013 (3):
    (3)A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
    A fall, by many people, can do great bodily harm or cause death.

If a dog attacks me I have the right to protect myself, if a man attacks me I have the same right. If you ever see my Gun, I fully intend to fire it, I am not Legal pointing my Gun at anyone. If I pull it out I will fire it, and no one has the right to throw you down on the ground, that is an attack and would be considered a justifiable shooting in SC. Weight, age, sex, number of attackers and other things can justify the shooting.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast