CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas) - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas)

Every State has different Laws, in this State (SC) if you are attacked and think your life is in danger you can respond with a Gun shot, there will be no Civil Law Suits. Equal force does not apply. If the other person is committing a Felony there are no rules to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
    If the guy has no weapon other than his bare hands, you are likely looking at jail time for manslaughter. Legally "grievous bodily harm" is not a reasonable expectation from a bare handed attack. It is a possibility, but not a reasonable expectation sufficient to warrant deadly force. This not my opinion, but a paraphrase of one of the most popular texts on criminal law.
    Like I said I can only assume you've never been in a real fight. IE one in which the other guy is trying to kill you.

As I asked before, while you are down there on the ground how are you going to stop me from literally jumping both feet on to your chest (crushed rib cage) or kicking your head like a foot ball?

This isn't high school homeboy, do you really want to trust the good intentions of a random criminal who is pissed off enough at you to knock you to the ground?

I can't help you overcome the mental block in your head but I promise you in the real world if you get knocked to the ground in a fight ( again, why are you engaged in fisticuffs in the first place?) you are in real danger.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Like I said I can only assume you've never been in a real fight. IE one in which the other guy is trying to kill you.

As I asked before, while you are down there on the ground how are you going to stop me from literally jumping both feet on to your chest (crushed rib cage) or kicking your head like a foot ball?

This isn't high school homeboy, do you really want to trust the good intentions of a random criminal who is pissed off enough at you to knock you to the ground?

I can't help you overcome the mental block in your head but I promise you in the real world if you get knocked to the ground in a fight ( again, why are you engaged in fisticuffs in the first place?) you are in real danger.
    First, you are incorrect in your assumption about my past history.

Second, you don't seem to get it. I am not saying the danger is not real, but that the law is quite clear on the consequences of shooting an unarmed person.

Third, if you really fear for your life, do you give a damn what the law says?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Just for the sake of argument, I have to ask this question. If that is the case, why is it so many veterans are charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm as a result of self defense? Anyone who has taken martial arts or who has had some form of military hand to hand combat training can be just as screwed if they use their hands as if they use their firearm. As a martial artist I was taught the amount of damage that you can do if you are not careful, and being prior military the same holds true there.

More often than not, you don't know the background of the person attacking you, so if they do, there is no telling what will happen.

I was attacked at one point by a rated black belt, he swung across my left shoulder from behind me and broke my jaw clean in 2 pieces, knocked a tooth out, split another tooth in half, and opened up a crater in the back of my mouth big enough for me to stick my thumb in. 118 stitches, a metal plate, and 2 screws later the idea of use of comparable force had a new definition for me.
    and what if it was frankenstein.

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    I certainly wouldn't be afraid of some doctor/scientist type. Now if it was Frankenstein's monster that would be a different matter.

wasting your time

Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post

Second, you don't seem to get it. I am not saying the danger is not real, but that the law is quite clear on the consequences of shooting an unarmed person.

iagree with you couch potato, but no one here seems to understand the law. they read the part of the penal code that suits them.justification of deadly phsycal force.you can use a force equal to the force being used against you to stop such for force. no matter what state you live in.if you get into a situation where you have to defend your self always keep this in mind.if you are attacked by 1 person and hes using only his fist does not mean you can shoot a person.learn how to fight.however if they have a knife you can use your weapon .use phsical force to stop py[hysical force use deadly force to stop deadly force.the way these ppl talk i bet half of them dont own a gun

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    What???? My dad Can kick your Dad's *****!!!!
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

FWIW if enough people down rate a post it disappears. Just sayin'
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

10. Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post

There are many circumstances in which the above would be justified. Research the disparity of force.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

slow

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    Every State has different Laws, in this State (SC) if you are attacked and think your life is in danger you can respond with a Gun shot, there will be no Civil Law Suits. Equal force does not apply. If the other person is committing a Felony there are no rules to help him.
    your reading and comprehention is waaay off

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast