CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas) - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas)

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    There are many circumstances in which the above would be justified. Research the disparity of force.
    I would argue the word "some" is more appropriate than "many," but do note "disparity of force" would not include the other person simply gaining the upper hand and knocking you to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
    I would argue the word "some" is more appropriate than "many," but do note "disparity of force" would not include the other person simply gaining the upper hand and knocking you to the ground.

Again, why did he attack you in the first place (if you started the fight your justification is nonexistant) ? What are his motives? Is he pressing the attack? How old is he? how fit is he? How fit am I in comparrison?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

) “Crime of violence” means murder, manslaughter (except negligent manslaughter arising out of traffic accidents), rape, mayhem, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, housebreaking, assault with intent to kill, commit rape, or rob, assault with a dangerous weapon, or assault with intent to commit any offense punishable by imprisonment for more than one year.

Under the Model Penal Code and the codes of the states that follow it, mayhem is encompassed by assault and aggravated assault.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
    Where do you get your information? Surely, you can cite your reasoning on the explanation of disparity of force? You guys are seriously getting old with the argumentative, non fact based statements. Please note the section i've underlined above, and the section i've bolded below and see the contradiction. Please support your statement.

According to the world renown expert on deadly force encounters Massad Ayoob:

You, the general public, often do not realize that it is justifiable to use the deadly force of a firearm in defense against an ostensibly unarmed person. The law calls these "disparity of force" cases. When a bare-handed assault is so one-sided it is likely to cause death or great bodily harm, the greater power of the attacker becomes the equivalent of a deadly weapon. that warrants the victim's recourse to a per se lethal weapon in self-defense.
    We've established *or hereby establish* for purposes of this conversation that you were minding your own business, didn't know the attacker and were not the aggressor.
    CITE: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...5/ai_77824400/
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Actually been in a "Knock Down" as a younger man got my but kicked bad, as an older man 65, in ok shape, you will get the chance to quit only once. In Texas, the number of folks involved, age differance, size differance, (dispairty of force) does allow for force up to and including deadly force, if you can stop the attack by removing and pointing your pistol ok, if the attack continues I may be going to court but the BG and as many of his friends I have rounds for will be going some place else. Removing yourself from the issue is the first option. Threat continuing then all bets are off and I will take my chances with the courts, I will be there by myself.

i didnt know

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Where do you get your information? Surely, you can cite your reasoning on the explanation of disparity of force? You guys are seriously getting old with the argumentative, non fact based statements. Please note the section i've underlined above, and the section i've bolded below and see the contradiction. Please support your statement.

According to the world renown expert on deadly force encounters Massad Ayoob:

We've established *or hereby establish* for purposes of this conversation that you were minding your own business, didn't know the attacker and were not the aggressor.
    CITE: Against The Unarmed: A Disparity Of Force Shooting | American Handgunner | Find Articles at BNET
    i didnt know being throw to the ground was one sided you still have a chance to get up and or run away. you can also fight back.massad ayoob ,doesnt write the law.again use phsycal force to stop phsycal .if were getting old with this topic dont come back. myself and couch potatoe are trying to educate you guys.if someone bumps into you on perpose will you pull your gun,the bump could dislocate your shoulder and you could go into shock and have a heart attack and die. it could happen so shoot him before it does.

WARNING
    The following response

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    i didnt know being throw to the ground was one sided you still have a chance to get up and or run away. you can also fight back.massad ayoob ,doesnt write the law.again use phsycal force to stop phsycal .if were getting old with this topic dont come back. myself and couch potatoe are trying to educate you guys.if someone bumps into you on perpose will you pull your gun,the bump could dislocate your shoulder and you could go into shock and have a heart attack and die. it could happen so shoot him before it does.
    Was posted by a troll who has no interest in promoting RKBA.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

10. Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    Where do you live? How old are you? I've gone to the ground in on duty altercations more times than I'm prepared to mention and I can assure you that if you're on the ground when the other person is standing you have a less than 1% chance of "getting up and running away" or "fighting back". In L.E its called "CODE BLACK" when you're on the ground and the person is standing, code black is also known as "OH Shoot, You're F'd".

Trying to educate us? You've been here for a week where do you get off telling people not to come back? Being thrown to the ground is indeed one-sided. You act as though we're talking about someone accidentally tripping or bumping into you. If that is what you've gathered then you not only have poor judgment, but also poor deductive reasoning. Again for this conversation we're assuming that we are being attacked by an unknown person, for an unknown reason, that was unprovoked.

For all intents and purposes we have to assume that an unprovoked attacker wants 3 things (either, or all..) Your BODY, Your PROPERTY, or YOUR LIFE. This is a well accepted theory and could be articulated by many leading self defense professionals such as Tony Blauer. In either case that would be a felony (body=criminal sexual contact....Property=robbery...Life=Murder).

You're playing devils advocate, and its been fun. But again (for the 3rd time) please cite something credible, and in case that's too subtle for you. Your anecdotal BS is not credible.

We're just going to have to disagree on this, welcome to the forums, look forward to more of your valuable, professional, and credible insights.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Tnx clear site, I have been bumped into hundreds of times been knocked down, now if several folks are knocking me down with force that is called assault. PS: Just said I was old, don't equate old with stupid, slow or no capability of defending myself. Good thread though. Know a bunch of other old guys in Houston area, and on ranches in South Texas assulting them would be a tactical error.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast