CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas) - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: CCW'er Defends Himself at Walmart (N Las Vegas)

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    i didnt know being throw to the ground was one sided you still have a chance to get up and or run away. you can also fight back.massad ayoob ,doesnt write the law.again use phsycal force to stop phsycal .if were getting old with this topic dont come back. myself and couch potatoe are trying to educate you guys.if someone bumps into you on perpose will you pull your gun,the bump could dislocate your shoulder and you could go into shock and have a heart attack and die. it could happen so shoot him before it does.
    Why do I have to get up and run away? You must live in a "you have to retreat" state. I do not. The law gives me the right to stand my ground. If I have a right to be there, I don't have to leave unless I want to. The attacker may leave in a manner that may not include breathing. I hope it never comes to it but you have to be prepared.

i have been following this discussion since it started and how it has deteriorated. i had checked with a judge,a prosecutor,a crimminal defence lawyer,some leo i know,and of course read the relevent state laws pertaining to this subject. all of these agreed i would be within my rights to use my firearm in my state. and i realize that some states laws are different. yet when i posted this information one person as much as called me a liar. this one person also made the claim that i was the reason they were trying to take peoples guns away. i think it was post 14 but not sure,(if i have the wrong post number my apologies). i am not a hot-head and can assure you i do my best NOT to give the gun-grabbers further reason to try to seize anybodys guns. i have always tried to be law-abiding. why else would i check with those who should know? for anybody to suggest that all these people i asked are wrong is ludicrous. i realize that we will disagree at times but name-calling and unfounded accusations are not the way to do it. if you want to believe that deadly force is illegal thats your priviledge. i and most others on this thread believe otherwise and it is obvious that some of them are like me and have checked into the law where they live. please put the name calling and unfounded accusations where they belong that is in the garbage. a good measure of common sense is knowing when it is time to "agree to disagree" and move on. unfortunatly some people are trying to stir things up and like an earlier post i smell a troll.

my apologies to lowjiber. it was not your post(14) but post number 42 that i was refering to in my last post. i was not refering to you and did not mean any offence to you and im sorry. after going back and reading your post i think we are on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Where do you live? How old are you? I've gone to the ground in on duty altercations more times than I'm prepared to mention and I can assure you that if you're on the ground when the other person is standing you have a less than 1% chance of "getting up and running away" or "fighting back". In L.E its called "CODE BLACK" when you're on the ground and the person is standing, code black is also known as "OH Shoot, You're F'd".

Trying to educate us? You've been here for a week where do you get off telling people not to come back? Being thrown to the ground is indeed one-sided. You act as though we're talking about someone accidentally tripping or bumping into you. If that is what you've gathered then you not only have poor judgment, but also poor deductive reasoning. Again for this conversation we're assuming that we are being attacked by an unknown person, for an unknown reason, that was unprovoked.

For all intents and purposes we have to assume that an unprovoked attacker wants 3 things (either, or all..) Your BODY, Your PROPERTY, or YOUR LIFE. This is a well accepted theory and could be articulated by many leading self defense professionals such as Tony Blauer. In either case that would be a felony (body=criminal sexual contact....Property=robbery...Life=Murder).

You're playing devils advocate, and its been fun. But again (for the 3rd time) please cite something credible, and in case that's too subtle for you. Your anecdotal BS is not credible.

We're just going to have to disagree on this, welcome to the forums, look forward to more of your valuable, professional, and credible insights.
    FWIW, I do from time to time watch UFC matches. I have seen at least 100 matches, honestly that number seems to be kinda low and it probably is. In all of those matches I have only ONCE seen a fighter get from the bottom position of a top mount back to his feet.

A trained UFC fighter is about 50-50 when in the bottom position of a full guard. An untrained person is a lot less well off in said position. On the street, if you are on the ground and can get a guard against an opponent on top of you, assuming you even know what that is, you ARE in imminant danger of grave bodily harm. On the street you don't have Herb Dean to stop the fight if things go baddly.

Just flash your CCW badge
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

7. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    FWIW, I do from time to time watch UFC matches. I have seen at least 100 matches, honestly that number seems to be kinda low and it probably is. In all of those matches I have only ONCE seen a fighter get from the bottom position of a top mount back to his feet.

A trained UFC fighter is about 50-50 when in the bottom position of a full guard. An untrained person is a lot less well off in said position. On the street, if you are on the ground and can get a guard against an opponent on top of you, assuming you even know what that is, you ARE in imminant danger of grave bodily harm. On the street you don't have Herb Dean to stop the fight if things go baddly.
    + 1 these guys are trained professional fighters, and granted they are facing other professionals. The only reason I haven't been stomped more than once is because i've always had plenty of backup, 1 goes down you have 3-4 more to deal with before you can effectively stomp the one. Off duty and on the street I highly doubt you'll have any backup to prevent your skull from becoming one with the concrete.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

One more thing to look at is when the Cops are fighting a single BG on drugs it takes four or more Cops the size of Line Backers to handle the situation. My back up is a 357 Mag and I fully intend to use it for such.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    + 1 these guys are trained professional fighters, and granted they are facing other professionals. The only reason I haven't been stomped more than once is because i've always had plenty of backup, 1 goes down you have 3-4 more to deal with before you can effectively stomp the one. Off duty and on the street I highly doubt you'll have any backup to prevent your skull from becoming one with the concrete.
    I realize that my comparison might not have been perfect. The main point I was trying to make is that if you are on the ground and the assailant is on top of you, you are in danger. And Tom Cruze might then ask, "Grave danger?" To which Jack Nicholson would reply, "Is there any other kind of danger?"

warning for what

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    WARNING
    The following response

Was posted by a troll who has no interest in promoting RKBA.
    i didnt know typing my opinion gets a warning because you disagree.and im offended when being refrence to as a troll. do you get a warning.like all gun web sites as soon as you disagree with a subject you get banned or warned.ive not called anyone a bad name.ive not disrespected anyone.if you think this subject is old or tired,im simply trying to help you and let you know that you dont have to come back. if the subject is old and tired ppl would stop replying.if it makes you fell like a powerfull tough guy then just bann me life goes on.

ok

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post

im origanally from queens new york city, south side. im got married,have 2 children,im 40 and im currently in upstate newyork.i have my ccw for newyork state which is not valid in new york city and a non residency for pa. always people exagerate the situation.this is not the ufc,your not fighting bruce lee.your not a 90 year old fight a highly train 20 year old.so lets cut that out of it shall we.ive been knocked down before from behind and was punched and kicked the wholle time it took me to get to my feet.form what im told.knocking some one down is a scare tactic. meaning after your knocked to the ground its now ez to say give me your wallet. lets say your didnt have a gun what would you do.get up and fight back or give up the wallet.my point during an assault or robbery ,when no weapon is shown, does that warrent deadly phsycal force . my question to you is . does a strong arm robbery entitle a ccw person to shoot. is a bg'S life worth 20$. please dont add kicking in the head jumping on your chest. lets keep it knocked to the ground. as a ccw person not a police officer.a police officer can respond diffrently. please respond

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast