Obama to possibly push gun control soon... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Obama to possibly push gun control soon...

Very True On The Expiration Info

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That is an incorrect statement, the assault weapons ban expired in 2004. The ban was a ten year ban which the gun control advocates expected to be able to renew under the assumption that us gunowners would just let the issue die. We didn't let the issue die, so the assault weapons ban sunsetted.
    Yes you are right, the assault weapons ban did expire, however, just the fact that it was enacted in the first place means that we must always keep vigilant, because if they passed legislation like that before, it is possible for it to be enacted again. Dkangel 21 and Felix should remember that if we dont learn from our past, we are doomed to repeat it in our future.

First and foremost, the 2nd amendment is not in place for sporting purposes or self defense. It is in place to protect us from the government and their tyrant actions and to take up arms against them when the needs arise. and those who think otherwise are already brainwashed. i wonder how many people here will surrender their weapons when the government demands it. look at england in '97. the power lies with us. and not if but when the time comes, there will be a line drawn in the sand, i hope that most will choose the right side. family or not, battles are not only fought by childless men. i dont have a family of my own, but if i did, i wont hide behind them. many people in this country seem to think that politics will change everything, but politics only goes so far. and politics is the reason this country is in the condition its in. Did the black folks in this country get the governments attention through politics in the 50's and 60's? nope. it took action to get the governments attention. was it politics that earned us our freedoms from england in the late 1700's? doubtful. im not willing to trade off any of my liberties. freedom is non negotiable. if i want 100rd. mags then i should be able to have them. if i want fully automatic weapons, we should be able to have them without the interference of a 3rd party garbage agency telling us what we can and cant have, when in fact they will employ the same weapons we "cant" have. the government now days is filled with hypocrisy.
    and look at what the atf is wanting to do along the border states. its garbage. there is too much at stake. and give them an inch, they will go a mile. our founding fathers would roll over in their grave if they seen the way the government turned out. and they'd be pissed off at us for letting it get that way.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234