Kel-Tec owners, Please Advise... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kel-Tec owners, Please Advise...

I don't carry the Kel-tec but I've never had a problem with my bersa thunder 380. 750 rounds thru it so far.
    If you served in any branch of the Military, THANK YOU

echo_5 Guest
    :icon_great:
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    I have the 3AT and have absolutely on problem with it. It is my backup gun and I carry it in my pocket with one in the pipe all the time. I do not fear this at all. But it is a close rang weapon. For a backup you cannot go wrong. As for the 380 it is a nice round, with a good HP it will have plenty of knock down power. I use the hydro shock in mine and it eats it up.
    +1

Thumbs up P-32 fan

The P-3at does jump a bit. The P-32 I carry in a DeSantis Nemesis, (or on a rare occasion the installed Kel-tec pocket clip), has never misfired. The Nemesis sleeved P-32 fits perfectly in front or rear pants pockets, even jeans. I use quality ammo at the range and carry hydroshoks. The P-32 has been said to experience rim lock with HP's, but I have never had this happen. The simple solution is to carry hp in the pipe and on top of the stack, then all subsequent rounds are to be fmj ball. I don't bother with that. I think the situation could only occur with a partial mag receiving really rough treatment, like if you dropped the pistol and it bounced down some stairs. It is said you cannot beat the famed Kel-tec customer support, but I have never needed it in the 4 I own.
    My daily ccw is a PF-9. Almost as invisible in a Nemesis in loose pants as the P-32. Will be getting a IWB from Stellar soon.
    As for ballistics, I think you can check out the P-32 in jell tests at the box 'o truth site. I certainly would not want to be on the receiving end. Remember, this is a pistol for up close and personal, not a range nail driver.
    Too much of a good thing is not enough.

5. KimberRB

I carry my P3AT in my front pocket. You mention that this will be your backup weapon which is cool. But, nothing can beat a draw that comes from your pocket. BG walks towards you, you then just place your hand in your pocket and you are already half way there!

The P3AT is a nose, eye, and ear gun. Made for close up and dirty work. The way that I would use it is to use it first and if I have to, do a New York load (pull out your EDC weapon).
    Last edited by Mongoose; 02-27-2008 at 04:40 PM.

It's a great gun, but expect to spend some time learning to hold it. It will beat your hands up to begin with until you figure out how to keep it from moving around too much.

Also, be aware that the magazine is quite short which can make loading interesting, at least with the UpLULA loader that I use. I keep a styrofoam ammo tray in my range bag just for the purpose of putting the mags on while loading.

I really like the matte olive green finish on the bottom, which helps it to stand out less in the dark (and a greater range of lighting) than even the parkerized black ones.

Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Keltec is the worst made weapon there is IMHO. I had a p40 and it was horrible. It was so bad that I ended up going to their site and looking around. Their site basically told me that the gun wasnt finished and that i needed to buff certain areas of the gun.

I dont understand sending out a weapon that is unfinished.

The p40 was discontinued because of the problems with them.

It was the first (and last) gun that I have ever completely broken while cleaning.

I wish more criminals carried them.
    -Austin

I carry a KT .32 with Silvertips and really like it, no problems. It's a great carry here in Texas in the summer, I wear cargo shorts and just drop it in my pocket..

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12