Kel-Tec owners, Please Advise...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec owners, Please Advise...

Kel-Tec owners, Please Advise...

I think everyone on here has enough collective knowledge to convince me a Kel-Tec is worth getting. Here's my first question: Can you safely carry it with a round loaded in the chamber? That's the ONLY way I would carry a self-defense pistol. Here's my second question: As a backup/pocket pistol, it may likely only come out if my primary weapon is unable to be used. And in a fight, I guess that since this is a close quarter pistol (and not a range gun as has already been said), does everyone feel the .380 would be a better choice than the .32?

3. I have the 3AT and have absolutely on problem with it. It is my backup gun and I carry it in my pocket with one in the pipe all the time. I do not fear this at all. But it is a close rang weapon. For a backup you cannot go wrong. As for the 380 it is a nice round, with a good HP it will have plenty of knock down power. I use the hydro shock in mine and it eats it up.

I carry my P3AT daily as my BUG and in the Summer I carry it most of the time as my primary weapon. I have both the P32 and P3AT. I like the 380 over the 32 just because of the size. Some swear by the 32. Do a Google search on ballistics and read up on the two then make a decision. Bottom line ls. I trust my life with all my Kel-Tec's!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I really like my little p3at..granted it is not for down range shooting..this would be a close combat gun..as a back up, I think it does or will do what it is designed for...do practice with it tho..being a little one pushing the round that it does, it does jump and if you have big hands like I do, it is tough to hang on to so practice with it often, if anything, to learn how to hang on to it.

DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

The P32 has a history of being the more reliable of the two when loaded with FMJ rounds. Niether has any real knockdown power; both will make someone real sick though if it came down to it. I carry a P32 with a CorBon JHP in the pipe and a mag-full of FMJs everywhere I go...it is actually the only handgun I own that has never once failed to fire or cycle.

I am, however, likely going to replace my P32 with a S&W 442 very soon.

I carry a Kel-Tec P-32 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.

It's size and lightweight allows me to carry it just about everywhere, especially when wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

.32ACP is better than a sharp stick and I rather have a gun, than no gun.
    Remember the bigger and heavier it is, the more likely it will be left behind at home.

I carry my P3AT in a holster that leaves a footprint that looks like a wallet in my back pocket. The trigger is well protected, so one in the pipe, is not apt to become one in my butt. I go with the .380 on the pretense that a .32 might just PO some BG, if I ever had to use it. But then again, my Kimber is stowed for easy access in my bug-out-bag.
    later - Sam
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

My p3at is the only pistol I own that has had a failure to feed. The first several rounds would FTF every few times. I took it apart and buffed the feed ramp. I have not had anymore issues with it. as Drlewell said it does jump a bit, but can easily be held on to. I feel perfectly safe with one in the pipe. It has a long, but smooth trigger pull. Just like carrying a revolver.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

With every trigger pull,the hammer has to go all the way back before it is released to fire.And the hammer is completely shrouded.So one in the chamber should not ever be a problem.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

My P3at is in my pocket everyday and has been for the last 2 years. The only time that it's not in condition 1 is when I'm cleaning it. I carry in a Mikes #3 or the DeSantis pocket holster. Sometimes it's a BUG and sometimes it's the only gun depending on different situations.
    IMO--very safe to carry in Condition 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast