Angels Amongst Us - "Why we carry...Protection of Family and Self" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angels Amongst Us - "Why we carry...Protection of Family and Self"

Thumbs up A Lot In Common...

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    1 also have been married 37 years(as of december 29 2010). not bad considering we were both only 18 when we met and eloped 4 weeks later way back in 1973.:
    Santa,
    We got married on 24 Dec 1973, so we have a lot in common in the length of time being married. Like you said, "...you got to have a lot of humor...", or at least not take yourself so seriously!
    Thanks for your comments....

~John
    JPKirkpatrick
    USAF-Ret; NRA Life; CRPA Life; USA Carry Mbr;
    Oath Keepers Chrtr Mbr; USCCA Mbr; HGCA Mbr; Ret Former LEO

Cool Always one...

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I am sure you won't get any arguments on that note from polygamists.
    Totally taken out of context. I was speaking collectively of how each of us is made whole by our wife, in the sense of family...

~John
    JPKirkpatrick

My wife and I are having our 16th anniversary today. If needs be I would trade my life for hers. I can't say it better than that.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by JPKirkpatrick View Post
    Totally taken out of context. I was speaking collectively of how each of us is made whole by our wife, in the sense of family...

~John
    I guess some people are more inspired than others.

Thumbs up It's WHY We Carry...

~Originally Posted by Oldgrunt:
    JP: I have had my wife for 54 years and wish I could be with her for another 54. Prov. 31:10-31.

Oldgrunt, I totally understand your thoughts and feelings, which is why I wanted to start this thread... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    My wife and I are having our 16th anniversary today. If needs be I would trade my life for hers. I can't say it better than that.
    Fudo, You said it all! It may have been a case of self-preservation that got us to think about Concealed Carry, but it is our Love Of Family that continued to motivate us. From time immemorial, we have had the role of "Provider and Protector" of our families. It IS a strong motivational factor!

Thanks to all of you for your comments and thoughts...

~John
    JPKirkpatrick

John:

Very well written! I hope that one of your retirement hobbies is writting. If not it should be. For an "enlisted man" you are quite impressive with the pen (keyboard).

You are so right on. I have an almost identical story about my angel(wife who also miraculously lifted a lawn tractor off me in a bar ditch. Fortuately i only broke a leg. We sould all learn how important these female gifts are and treat them and respect them accordingly. God bless you sir. If this kind of discussion is not appreciated or allowed here please let me know.

Chasjan(charles)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12