Spouse's attitude toward your firearms? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spouse's attitude toward your firearms?

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    My HUBBY is supportive of my interest in firearms, but has ZERO interest in shooting or shooting sports. He does think I am a bit obsessed, since I have 3 pistols and a shotgun. I now have my eye on an AR .... and after that I'd like a 1911, and then a lever action rifle ... but I have to wait until he gets over the last purchase before I bring up the topic of a new gun! :)
    Man, thats a switch! Sounds like my house in reverse.

My wife doesn't share my enthusiasm, but she does support me owning multiple "tools" for our defense and enjoyment. She wants her own pistol, a .380, but doesn't see the need for lots of guns. She can't see multiple pistols in the same caliber, but see the need for a shotgun, rifle (Sporting and Tactical), and a couple of handguns in varying caliber. She just doesn't want deer heads and all along the wall.

My wife thinks I spend far too much money on guns and ammo for myself... And that I should spend more on her. I don't think I can afford to.

Her toys have names like Glock, Sig, Walther, Colt, DPMS, Beretta, S&W, Ruger, Baikal, LeFever, etc. No cheap stuff for my honey.

She also has carry permits from three different states, with #4 on the way.

I'd say her attitude is pretty good.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    My wife thinks I spend far too much money on guns and ammo for myself... And that I should spend more on her. I don't think I can afford to.

Her toys have names like Glock, Sig, Walther, Colt, DPMS, Beretta, S&W, Ruger, Baikal, LeFever, etc. No cheap stuff for my honey.

She also has carry permits from three different states, with #4 on the way.

I'd say her attitude is pretty good.
    Lucky man, lucky man. Sounds like you don't have to take the brow-beating that some of us have to!

6. I started my "collection" after the 2008 election. I've sunk some serious money in pistols, shotguns and a Saiga .223.
    All that, some accessories and ammo has made my wife very bitter that I took that money from the budget to buy "guns".
    I told her that if SHTF I wanted to be able to provide some protection for the family.

My wife doesn't mind my gun habit, but she does not understand my desire to buy more guns. I have to make my own fun money to purchase my guns, I have enough guns but always see something else that peeks my interest.

As far as her being involved with guns, she carries one in her car wherever she goes and occasionally I can get her out to the range to shoot. We have two little girls and she knows the world can be a scary place and she wants to be able to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by vettefreak View Post
    My wife wants nothing to do with firearms, but doesnt mind me having them.
    My wife is mostly like this but took it up a notch. She doesn't even want me in the same car as her if I want to carry. She's only just got comfortable with having one in the house. Irrational fear I know. I'm working on it little by little.

She don't care how many guns I have.

After two broken engagements, I basically gave up on the idea of getting married. Both ex-fionces knew that I carried and neither seemed to be bothered by it. First one was a Brit, the second a military brat.

my wife and myself both have concealed pistol licences. she has fired almost everything i have ever owned from a tiny north american arms 22 short to my monster ruger model 77 in 458 magnum. by the way she was a better shot with the 458 than i was. she also likes my other hobby of model railroads and riding trains. we have been married 37 years and i always tell people that she likes my 2 hobbies of guns and trains and has good taste in men. her reply is 2 out of 3 isnt bad , but she insists i have excellent taste in women. humor helps. oh she did buy me a new toy a 410 bore pump action last week that she likes to play with too. can it get any better than this?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast