72 man shoots teens after they him him in the head with a baseball bat. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 72 man shoots teens after they him him in the head with a baseball bat.

My dad, long dead now, never answered the door without a pistol in his hand, day or night and he had a peep hole, suspenders and belt deal but smart.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    He answers the door with a gun in hand - he must live in a crime ridden neighbor or was expecting trouble. What if it was a mailman? That'd be the last time he got mail delivered to his home.

$4.00 could have saved him a lot of trouble.

Did you even read the story, or are you committing a drive-by judgement?

The incident happened about 8:45 Saturday night in the 3300 block of Raines Street in the Ferry Pass community. Police say three armed males wearing masks forced their way into the home...
    Little late for the mailman, don'cha think?

That being said, I agree the peephole can be valuable though there are much better options.

Kudos to the old sheepdog and prayers for his swift recovery.

Glad things worked out for the older man and his sister. I always answer the door with gun either in hand behind door or behind back if I'm not expecting anyone and I have a peephole. If they duck down or hold there hand over the sight you wouldn't see them anyhow. I also live in a nice neighborhood but the criminals don't go to bad neighborhoods to rob houses thats exactly what the cops told me when they robbed our house in 09 while we were out

Quote Originally Posted by OngoingFreedom View Post
    Did you even read the story, or are you committing a drive-by judgement?

Little late for the mailman, don'cha think?

That being said, I agree the peephole can be valuable though there are much better options.

Kudos to the old sheepdog and prayers for his swift recovery.
    Little late for mail? No. We've gotten our regular mail delivery at any time from 11:00 to 23:00.

But I do agree on the need for a peep hole.

Cool Don't Need a Peephole

He answers the door with a gun in hand - he must live in a crime ridden neighbor or was expecting trouble. What if it was a mailman? That'd be the last time he got mail delivered to his home.

I don't see anything wrong with answering your door with a gun in hand. I always do. I have a side window on my door and can see who is there but I will still have my gun in hand until I know who the person is (or sometimes, especially if I do know the person). My mailman knows I carry so we have no problems.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Moral of the story: Don't bring a bat to a gunfight?

I hope the old gent heals from the ordeal. Its was good shooting on his part after being hit with the bat some many times,it must be a tough one. Down the main road from me something similar just happened. Two or three young POS broke in and tied up the lady homeowner and locked her in the closet while they stole everything not tied down. Two were caught last night and are in jail awaiting trial. Being this far out of town without any police except the occasional State trooper,they were lucky they didn't end up shot. I always answer the door in the evenings with a gun,I don't care one hoot if someone is offended or not. My house,my rules.

9. I always have my gun with me when I open the door for a stranger, but normaly not in my hand... After reading this, thats going to change starting today... If someone barged in and started beating me with a baseball bat, im not sure I could get to my gun in my pocket or IWB holster in time...

Awesome story.....HOORAY for the Good Guy. Come to my door at night and you will get the same thing...........if your lookin for trouble.

You should read the article, the mailman does not arrive at 8:45 PM or did you just react?.

Knucklehead......Whats the matter, a slow day over at Huff Po.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast