State of Emergency - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State of Emergency

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JPKirkpatrick View Post
    S&W645 gave a good, indepth answer to your question, however (there is always a 'however'), the State of North Carolina enacted a law that prohibits anyone that is not LEO/ERT from possessing firearms outside their homes, and provides for the LEO/ERT to confiscate weapons of any type.
    The NRA is actively fighting this usurpation of the 2A rights.
    (This law was enacted AFTER Katrina hit LA)
    That is so much crap. Laws like that are just paranoia - gone - wild. I would have to look it up for sure, but I think Indiana is not like that. Now you got me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    That poses an interesting problem. A law enforcement officer could be the one who attempts to remove your guns and you'd shoot them. Would the DA/PA try to show that they were acting lawfully?

We had that problem with Martial Law after Andrew. It took the courts to declare the curfew illegal. Most likely it would be the same in the case of disarming someone. A test case even with the law.

As Far as the Feds go, Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 (HR-5013) was the bill that passed the House but never passed the Senate. There was also a Senate Bill ( S-2599 ) which passed the Senate. Never made it any further. But don't give up hope. It finally got tacked onto the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill of Oct 2006 and was signed by GWB. H.R. 5441 [109th]: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2007

There you go.....You see you can't lose them....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12