Your Next Firearm: Semiauto or Revolver?

View Poll Results: Revolver or Semiauto?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Revolver (Wheelgun)

23 34.85%
  • Semiauto (Bottomfeeder)

43 65.15%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Next Firearm: Semiauto or Revolver?

Arrow Your Next Firearm: Semiauto or Revolver?

Just seeing what the mood is out there. My next gun purchase will be a revolver. Then maybe another revolver, just because they're so damn fun.

Revolvers leave me cold I either want a S&W 4006 or a CZ75 compact either in 40S&W
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

hopefully a ruger LCP.

Most likely another Glock.

There's a great emptiness inside me that can only be filled by a 1911.....
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Revolvers work everytime---semiautos do not. One look at the firearm sales guy, as pulled and tugged and racked and took pieces and springs out of the semi as he showed it to me, made it obvious to me that this was not what I wanted to deal with. I do not live in downtown Bagdhad, where, it seems many of our forum members live when I read their comments and need for "firepower". Always a "what if" but statistics on almost all defensive shootings end after less than 5 shots and not being a Dirty Harry, quite frankly I do not see myself still firing after that many rounds. I have never been (69 years) in a situation that even comes close to a need for a firearm and, quite frankly, purchased one and secured a CC more as an embracing of at least 2A of the constitution in the face of a federal government that is as close to a dictatorship as I ever want to see. I certainly understand those who want or perceive a need for a semi--just is not me.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Revolvers work everytime...
    Spoken like someone who has never repaired a revolver for someone - - because it didn't work every time.

The simple fact is that all firearms are mechanical devices - machines. I can tell you for sure after spending all of the last 37 years as an automotive technician and most of that time also as an aircraft mechanic and amateur gunsmith, that all machines break or malfunction sooner or later. Period.

And don't give me the "you gotta buy brand X" garbage. I have a Colt, an S&W, a Rossi and an RG in for repair right now. Revolvers don't always work.

On topic: My next gun, unless something too good to pass up comes along, will be another Mosin Nagant 91/30, this one to turn into a good close range brush gun.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

I Have Plenty !!!

I Love them both , but I have more revolvers then auto's ! I shoot them all as much as I can and shoot the very well ! But I will tell ya this when I go to bed it's the revolver that sleeps with me !!

My Next Pistol

My next will be revolver with a three inch barrel.

If I can find a airweight model 642, 638 or maybe a titanium with a hammer shroud that would more than meet the need.

The three inch barrel rather than a two inch gives a little more velocity but the most important is the sight radius.

The lighter the pistol the more often I will carry it. Heavier pistols like the smith model 10 in with a two inch barrel is a little too heavy.

For those of us that have a nice smith model 65 with a three inch barrel have the same problem, a little too heavy and the frame is large enough that it can be uncomfortable to conceal.

I have an older smith model 36 but it has an outside hammer that will hang up on clothing when carried in a pocket holster or possibly a belly band holster.

Bottom line, next one is an airweight with a three inch barrel and concealed hammer.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    I have a Colt, an S&W, a Rossi and an RG in for repair right now.
    Geez....do you use them to drive nails when you're not shooting them??

One day I'll add a western-style revolver to my collection but for now my #1 acquisition would be a 1911. That is, of course, after I pay for a new driveway this month That $4k would buy a lot of nice guns...
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast