What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit?

In Texas, I don't know of any restrictions on caliber for carry, once you have your license. But we only have Concealed carry here (no open carry). To get your license you have to use a gun of .32 caliber or larger in the proficiency test (this was the only mention of caliber in the laws document). Also if you qualify with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver. If you qualify with a semi-automatic, you can carry either.

Texas does not have a caliber limit for carry, but they do for the CHL class you must take it with a 32 or large caliber and if taken with a revolver you can only carry a revolver. Taken with a pistol and you can carry either.

oopps same time...lol

Jeez!!! Even here in Mass there's no caliber restrictions

Exclamation

in MI anything you want, we do not stipulate what gun or cal you are restricted too... N any state that does needs new legislators ASAP!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

In Alabama, as long as you can hide it, you can carry it. No caliber restriction.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Glock4me View Post
    What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit? In my county, the ccw permit only allows 9mm or lager caliber so all the pocket guns are no longer for us to carry legally.
    What State and county are you in?

I know a county can accept or reject your ccw permit but I have never heard of them telling what caliber you can carry.

None in MS

No limitations in MS.
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP, 3" barrel 1911 with a Mitch Rosen holster
    XDm .45 ACP 02FEB11
    Ruger LCP .380 05FEB11

No restrictions in Tennessee.

no carry in Illinois :( so all calibers are restricted i guess you could say...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast