What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit?

No limits or restrictions in Wyoming.
    NRA Life Member
    USPSA fy50526
    US Navy 1973-1979

3. no limits in KS and you can qualify with a .22 and carry a .45 or whatever you want.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Glock4me View Post
    What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit? In my county, the ccw permit only allows 9mm or lager caliber so all the pocket guns are no longer for us to carry legally.
    What state/county are you in? I've never heard of this restriction.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MissouriShooter View Post
    What state/county are you in? I've never heard of this restriction.
    California, Santa Clara County. Only around 200 CCW issued for a county that have over 1.7M population. I have my CCW since 1987 and I think alot of the CCW that was issued in the past had been revoked by our current Sheriff

One interesting limit in NV, is that the weapon or weapons that you carry have to be on your CCW card. You must qualify and then have listed what you carry.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cardinalfan View Post
    One interesting limit in NV, is that the weapon or weapons that you carry have to be on your CCW card. You must qualify and then have listed what you carry.
    We have the same standard here in CA Santa Clara. Worst is we are only allow to have 2 hand guns listed

I also have CCW for NV, UT and FL

Quote Originally Posted by Glock4me View Post
    What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit? In my county, the ccw permit only allows 9mm or lager caliber so all the pocket guns are no longer for us to carry legally.
    Where are you located? Restrictions as this one really raise my ire.

what type of pistols to carry with ccw license

I can only speak for Ohio. I was shocked that at least part of California has restrictions.

In Ohio you may carry any type of cartidge pistol and as many as you would like.

There is a decent amount of permit holders that carry two concealed handguns.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County

Quote Originally Posted by Glock4me View Post
    Pretty much any legal handgun can be carried in Ohio....for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post
    I can only speak for Ohio. I was shocked that at least part of California has restrictions.

In Ohio you may carry any type of cartidge pistol and as many as you would like.

There is a decent amount of permit holders that carry two concealed handguns.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    Sorry... you already got it :)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast