What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit?

1. What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit?

What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit? In my county, the ccw permit only allows 9mm or lager caliber so all the pocket guns are no longer for us to carry legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock4me View Post
    What caliber handguns are authorized by your ccw permit? In my county, the ccw permit only allows 9mm or lager caliber so all the pocket guns are no longer for us to carry legally.
    Well that sucks!

In SC, pretty much any "concealable" handgun is fair game.

As far as I know, there aren't caliber restrictions in Kansas.
    ~ Bill

No restrictions in Florida, if you can lug it around it and keep it concealed you can carry it.
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Caliber restrictions

No restrictions in WA.

7. Caliber restrictions

No restrictions in PA.

No restriction in Oregon
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Glock4me View Post
    I'm a bit confused when you say "all the pocket guns are no longer for us to carry legally". The Kel-tec P3AT and Ruger LCP and for that matter all of 380 ACPs are 9mm and many are surely pocket guns. Also, I have a Titanium Taurus 605SH2 that is a .357 magnum that only weighs 16 ounces. I can drop it in the pocket of cargo shorts and it just sort of disappears. In any event...it's a strange law but you have many choices for "pocket guns".

Here in Arizona our CCWs are, in fact, true concealed weapons permits. You can carry ANY legal weapon. As of last year, here in Arizona, if you're over 21; you can carry concealed without any permit with a few exceptions. The CCW permit is good for interstate reciprocity and to carry in some prohibited locations such as places that serve alcohol.
    MOLON LABE

No limitations in NC.

BTW, 9mm = .354", so I would say even a .380 would qualify in your county.

Arkansas has no caliber restriction that I have heard of

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast