new here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new here

new here

I'm in NY(not NYC) waiting for my CCW to come through. I found this site while looking for info on a good gun as a first time buyer. Looking forward to learning more here.

Welcome to the forum. My first pistol was (and still is) my Glock 22.

Welcome from us here in Missouri, glad to have yet another
    State and local politicians should be on notice: the Second Amendment is a normal part of the Bill of Rights, and it is coming to your town.”
    Attorney Alan Gura

Welcome to the forum. My first gun was a S&W 686 with a 6" barrel. I still have the gun but rarely carry it. Now I carry my G19. Good luck in searching for your first gun. Decide on a price then start scouring the shops and classifieds. There are a lot of great deals out there right now to be had. Another thing to decide is if you want a pistol or revolver. And then what caliber you want. Find a gun range close and go join and make some friends I am sure they will help you find a gun you like. I went to the range and had a couple of guys asking me if I would like to shoot their guns(AR15 and a big ole hawg leg 45LC.) Problem is when I shoot something, well then I usually have to go find me one to buy.

Welcome to the monkey house.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Hello & Welcome from the SC. shore..
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Another welcome from Missouri. Hope you enjoy your stay here...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Welcome! from the Commonwealth of Kentucky

WELCOME ABOARD!!!
    I recommend a .22 pistol as a first gun. They are cheap to shoot, don't recoil much, and allow learning without trying to deal with kick, thunder and lightning. A mentor is a good idea, if possible, so you can ask questions, and thy can spot and correct unsafe practices before accidents occur.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Arrow Rimfire Shooting

"And they were bringing rimfire shooters to his shooting range that he might let them get a lane on his rifle range, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the rimfire shooters come to me and set up in an empty lane on my shooting range; do not hinder them, for to such belongs at the gunclub of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not practice at my rifle range like these rimfire shooters shall not become a member of the gunclub of God.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, and gave them a twenty percent off coupon for their next purchase at Cabelas."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast