Picked up my new gun today

Thread: Picked up my new gun today

Smile Picked up my new gun today

I bought a Taurus PT-145. I wanted something small to carry easily as a concealed weapon, yet I wanted the power of a .45. I liked the way this one felt in my hands too. I'm gonna put a couple hundred rounds through it later today and this weekend.

Can't wait.

I enjoyed my PT145. even used it to qualify for my CHL, but, alas, I had to sell it to get my XD45c

This was my first handgun and also was the one I got my permit with. Everyone was there with there pretty 22 revolvers and me with my "blammo" .45 . If you are looking for a decent target round Check Walmart. The Winchester 230 gr full metal jackets 45 acp are a great target round. And not sure where you are located but @ Walmart they are only 30-35 dollars per 100 rds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    I bought a Taurus PT-145. I wanted something small to carry easily as a concealed weapon, yet I wanted the power of a .45. I liked the way this one felt in my hands too. I'm gonna put a couple hundred rounds through it later today and this weekend.

Can't wait.
    Lotta hard core USA types will try to give you grief about Taurus. I have two Autos and a seven-shot revolver by them. They are my favorites. We also have Colt, S&W, a Ruger and a couple of Beretta's. No troubles on any of them.

As long as they function to my expectations..... I don't care who makes them. (... and then there is the bang for the buck considerations..... foreign makers usually have a large edge in that.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Lotta hard core USA types will try to give you grief about Taurus. I have two Autos and a seven-shot revolver by them. They are my favorites. We also have Colt, S&W, a Ruger and a couple of Beretta's. No troubles on any of them.

As long as they function to my expectations..... I don't care who makes them. (... and then there is the bang for the buck considerations..... foreign makers usually have a large edge in that.)

GG
    Here, supporting Taurus is helping the local economy. Plus after using the PT 1911, I have nothing to complain about. 96% of my shots from it are in the 5 point area out of 25 fired. I had 1 flyer that hit low but still in the B-27 tartget area.

Actually I was going to give him a hard time for not purchasing a Glock 21, Glock 30 or Glock 36. Three different ways to have both a Glock and a 45 in one package.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Congrats on your new Taurus! I just bought a Ruger LCP yesterday. Sure feels small in the hand. (I hope not too small) Warm weather CCW gun for sure. Well, have fun with that new .45 of yours!

Congratulations on your new arrival! As with all new arrivals it is a good idea to spend alot of time together. Have fun and it was an excellent choice.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I did look at the Glock, but I didn't like the way it felt in my hand. Also, price was a factor. I picked up the Taurus for less than $400.

Congrats on the new purchase. In spite of the fact that I've never owned one, I hear nothing but good things about the Tauruses. I actually looked at and held the PT 145 when I bought my P99. If I'd had more money on-hand I would have bought both :)

Lotta hard core USA types will try to give you grief about Taurus.
    I have the occasional, brief thought about justifying my dislike of Glocks and some Taurus guns as a refusal to to buy "Forn-Made" firearms. But then, when I look into the safe, I see one from Italy and one from Germany and at least one that's made in China so ... I get over it.