The Rich, the Famous, the Armed

Thread: The Rich, the Famous, the Armed

The Rich, the Famous, the Armed

A NY Times article about New York City residents with handgun permits states:

MEN and women. Democrats and Republicans. Doctors, lawyers, merchants and moguls. A remarkable, if relatively small, cross-section of New Yorkers legally own handguns, according to public records obtained by The New York Times.
    But here are some interesting statistics about New York State vs Texas:

Texas has 25 million people and only 460,000 handgun permits.

New York, with only 19.5 million people has more than twice as many handgun permit holders (over 1.1 million), and that includes the 8.3 million people living in New York City, with only 37,000 permit holders.

So outside of New York City, A New York State population of 11 million people has 1.1 million handgun permits, or about 10% of the non-NYC population in New York is licensed to carry.

In Texas, less than 2% of the population is licensed to carry.

A 2004 story in the Indy star claimed that Indiana was second only to New York State in the number of people licensed to carry.

I haven't been able to find one source comparing the number of firearm licenses among the states. If you know of one please let me know.

Speaking of NY have they filed on Mr. Straw Purchase over the AZ gun show buy???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these statistics look rather deliberately skewed. In Texas, the "license" they are referring to is a license to carry, is it not?

And in New York, the "license" they are referring to is a license to own, right?

Far from being the same thing.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

I'd also read that Donald Trump and his son Don Jr. both carry 24/7. Makes sen$e to me, since they probably carry a lot of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    I'd also read that Donald Trump and his son Don Jr. both carry 24/7. Makes sen$e to me, since they probably carry a lot of cash.

And as we all know, cash is far more deserving of protection than plain old human life.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

I'd al$o read that Donald Trump and hi$ $on Don Jr. both carry 24/7. Make$ $en$e to me, $ince they probably carry a lot of ca$h.
    Make$ cent$ to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but these statistics look rather deliberately skewed. In Texas, the "license" they are referring to is a license to carry, is it not?

And in New York, the "license" they are referring to is a license to own, right?

Far from being the same thing.
    The license in New York is a concealed carry license.

I wonder what Don carries. He looks like a .22 man to me.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I wonder what Don carries. He looks like a .22 man to me.
    I hear that Hue Hefner carries a S&W .500 Magnum.