Advertising firearms ownership? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertising firearms ownership?

I only ware my Border Patrol hat when I go to the Hospital, I move quickly to the Front of the Line

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Wonder if there are any actual occurrences of this happening...
    Doubtful - I probably give BG's too much credit.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

I have a few hats and t-shirts from firearm companies/organizations. I don't feel self-concious or uncomfortable wearing them. I guess there might be certain situations where I wouldn't, like if my girlfirend's mother was an anti-gun nut and I was going over for dinner or something.

One thing I don't do is put firearm stickers on my vehicles. That's pretty much an invitation for some scumbag to break into my truck because he knows I'm a gun owner and he feels he might hit the jackpot.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

I wear a NRA hat at times and I also have NRA stickers on my vehicles. I see no problem with it.

The only time I wear hats is in the winter. Put an NRA logo on a watch cap and I'd wear it.

7. Nope, I don't advertise carrying a firearm by wearing logoed merchandise or putting stickers on my vehicles. The only hat associated with firearms I have that gets worn is a ball cap that I picked up at the World SASS Championships ("End of Trail') in '02 and nothing on it says gun or firearm. Those that know what EoT is will know but the vast majority of the populace just sees a ball cap.

I once wore my Glock hat to a Mercedes Benz event. The many that snootily cared smiled at me politely so i wore it again to the next event just to irritate them. I had since dropped that account.

On normal occasions, I don't wear hats anyway...it ruins my hairdo.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Man Detained for Displaying “Don’t Tread on Me” Bumper Sticker <<< just something to consider when putting on hats and bumper stickers and the like....

i am sure it has probably happened more than just this time as well

clothing

I, being a retired reemployed Leo, make it a point not to advertise anything about myself while out at a mall.

I would rather look like a bookkeeper (no offense meant) than look like someone who needs to be taken out first during an active shooter encounter.
    Just my 0.2 cents

Pat Olvey
    Email [email protected]
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I once wore my Glock hat to a Mercedes Benz event. The many that snootily cared smiled at me politely so i wore it again to the next event just to irritate them. I had since dropped that account.
    Must be that whole issue with Austria and Germany not being one unified nation of German speaking people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast