Advertising firearms ownership? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advertising firearms ownership?

Got a NRA sticker on my truck as well as "Who is John Galt?". That's all for the advertising. As for wearing attire out in town. Just my USACARRY T on occasion or my NRA hat when going to the range. Normally I do not wear any advertising saying I'm armed, come get me. Kinda defeats the purpose of CC.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

i carry a maxpedition bag sometimes...im sure some people notice it..but ive never noticed them

I agree with mrjam2jab. I dont think a hat or even a tshirt lets people know you are carrying. Also, why do people worry about advertising when CC, but are such big supporters of OPEN carry? Isnt that kind of silly? I dont wear these things because I dont own any yet, but I would if I had them. When I see someone with a gun related hat, shirt, or bumper sticker my first thought isnt "Hmm I bet they are packing", its "Hey theres someone I have something in common with".

One more question relating to my previous statement. I have seen ALOT of pointless bickering on this site. If we are all supporting the same things, and we all have so much in common why does everyone feel the need to argue at everything they dont agree with? Its like people arent allowed to have their own opinions.

I apologize for the off topic stuff!!!! Just something that has been bothering me.

I don't have decals on my vehicles and no (e.g., Protected by S&W) signs around the house...mainly because I'd just as soon not advertise there are guns inside. OTOH, the village idiot could easily deduce otherwise...I OC on my property, I have an outdoor range and I shoot nearly every day so there's the noise factor. And how about all those gun magazines and catalogs which show up in the mailbox several times/week?

As far as casual dress goes, I've got two or three dozen ball caps and a good number have some sort of firearms or ammo message. I wear 'em daily and don't worry about it...most people are pretty desensitized to ball caps and small-logo polo shirts and I don't think they telegraph I'm CCing.

3X PM

Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.
    hahahaha nice one

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post

A month ago, my husband went out to our front yard to get the mail. He noticed a guy with an orange vest and a can of orange marker. He said to the guy, "hey! my front yard and this street already has markings on where the street guys will tear it down. ..."

"I worked with those men.." pointing to the MODOT guys across the street a bit far away..."and I will be here until the end of Spring marking this street. See my vest?"

Hubby said: " I can go to any hardware store and buy a similar vest."

Guy said: "See I have a can of marker?"

Hubby said: "I also have one of those in my garage."

Looking at our 125.5 lb Rottenweiler beside my husband, he said: I am not scared of your dog either.

Hubby said..."Oh I see...OKkkayyyy....well at least look decent, clean your face and shave. You looked like you are casing our houses here..."

Guy said: "I am an army soldier. I just came from Afghanistan. I have a gun. Over there we were not ordered to shave and I can go inside your yard if I want to."

Hubby: "See that flag? " ...pointing to the flag in our front porch... "My son is an officer in the army and is well shaven. Son, go home and clean yourself up and don't advertise you have a gun. In this area, you are liable to be shot if you go inside any private property..."

True story...I am not changing it. We haven't seen him since...(and no he is not buried in our backyard either...) Anyway, is this way you wanted to advertise your having a gun?

I don't...think so....
    Cheers...
    Izzie
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123