National Right To Carry Reciprocity Bill Introdued In US House
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Right To Carry Reciprocity Bill Introdued In US House

National Right To Carry Reciprocity Bill Introdued In US House

National Right-to-Carry
    Reciprocity Bill Introduced In U.S. House

Article here:
    NRA-ILA :: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced In U.S. House

Take Action..Contact Your Representatives:
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBack View Post
    National Right-to-Carry
    Reciprocity Bill Introduced In U.S. House

Article here:
    NRA-ILA :: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Bill Introduced In U.S. House

Take Action..Contact Your Representatives:
    http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/
    I like it but it'll probably never become reality. The Supreme Court would shoot it down (no pun intended) in a heartbeat as a violation of 10A, and it's not so important an issue for the Fed to use the old carrot-and-stick method like they did with the states concerning the legal age to purchase alcohol.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

If we wait a few years we'll have permitless carry anyway
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I like it but it'll probably never become reality. The Supreme Court would shoot it down (no pun intended) in a heartbeat as a violation of 10A, and it's not so important an issue for the Fed to use the old carrot-and-stick method like they did with the states concerning the legal age to purchase alcohol.
    Actually, the 10th Amendment doesn't apply in this case.

US Constitution, Article IV, Section I

"Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof."

This is one power Congress does have. They can require states recognize the 'public acts' (in this case conceal carry permits) of another state. For example marriage licenses, drivers licenses, and so on.

Haven't been able to read this bill yet, but as I understand it if a state issues a carry permit or allows carry then that state would be required to recognize the permit of another state. Restrictions would be dependant on the laws of that state as reciprocity agreements are now.

I wonder if the law would adress the school zone issue? Any bill to allow nationwide reciprocity needs to change the school zone law. I do support national reciprocity but whatever bill introduced needs to be looked at closely.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBear71 View Post
    US Constitution, Article IV, Section I

"Full faith and credit shall be given in each state to the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. And the Congress may by general laws prescribe the manner in which such acts, records, and proceedings shall be proved, and the effect thereof."
    Yeah, I'm aware of Article IV. So is the Supreme Court, and they've spent the last 200 years applying it more towards individual court judgements than to state laws. The right to CC is a state law, not a court's decision.

People have mentioned that states already recognize each other's driver's licenses and marriages and that's true, but the laws that govern the details of driving and marriage often vary from state to state. (Example: In 2013, the Michigan legal blood alcohol content for driving is scheduled to go up to .10. That will not give people with a Michigan DL the right to legally drive with a BAC of .10 in other states .)

For quite some time now the Supreme Court has viewed the right to simply own a gun as sufficient fulfillment of 2A (i.e. owning = bearing). They've always left the details such as CC up to the individual states. Don't expect that to change any time soon.

It would be nice if my CCW was accepted everywhere but I'm not holding my breath.

8. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware of Article IV. So is the Supreme Court, and they've spent the last 200 years applying it more towards individual court judgements than to state laws. The right to CC is a state law, not a court's decision.

For quite some time now the Supreme Court has viewed the right to simply own a gun as sufficient fulfillment of 2A (i.e. owning = bearing). They've always left the details such as CC up to the individual states. Don't expect that to change any time soon.

hasn't that changed in the post mcdonald world; in that scotus defined "to keep = own,,to bear = carry....

Quote Originally Posted by ccwnj View Post
    hasn't that changed in the post mcdonald world; in that scotus defined "to keep = own,,to bear = carry....
    Apparently not. If it had then all 50 states would be "Shall Issue" or at least all 50 would have to allow open carry. SCOTUS has always upheld the law-abiding individual's right to own guns, yet they've sided with the states (and cities) with regards to how those guns may be restricted. It's been that way for a long time....through Democrats and Republicans, pro-gun, anti-gun, liberals, moderates, conservatives, etc. etc. I don't look for it to change any time soon.

LET's ROLL!!!!

And if we all just continue to sit on our hands and not let those who represent us know how we feel about these issues, CONSTANTLY, things will never change and we just have our apathetic selves to blame...come on people...so much negativity

11. National Laws

We DO NOT want allow the fed involved in any gun control! If it happens on any level they will soon attrmpt to cortrol (ban) all gun laws. Let the states do their thing. Think about it!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast