Bad news for CT gun owners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad news for CT gun owners

1. Bad news for CT gun owners

Hoffman's Legislative Alert - Magazine Ban!

Connecticut Bill Introduced to
    Ban Possession of All Magazines Over 10 Rounds
    State Police Prepared to Confiscate Magazines from Homes if Passed
    A bill introduced in the Connecticut General Assembly (Raised Bill Number 1094) by anti-gun state Sen. Martin Looney (D) would ban the possession of any magazine (rifle, pistol or shotgun) capable of holding more than 10 rounds. If this bill passes, law-abiding gun owners will have to begin surrendering their magazines by July, or face confiscation by the state police and a felony charge. Again, this proposal would not only ban the sale of these magazines, but would make simple possession a felony. Any gun owner found in possession of any magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds will be in violation of this proposed law, regardless of whether it was legally purchased.

This draconian measure will also affect non-gun owners as all Connecticut tax payers will be forced to foot the bill for the extraordinary process of having police confiscate -- from law-abiding citizens -- the millions of magazines already in the state.

Making matters worse, manufacturers including Colt, C Products, Mec-Gar, OKAY Industries and Metalform will be directly affected by this legislation. That means a loss of jobs and tax revenue to the state.

Arbitrarily limiting magazine capacity and threatening law-abiding gun owners with confiscation and felony charges is beyond the pale. These magazines are utilized every day for home defense and the shooting sports. As part of the 1994 "Assault Weapons" ban, the production of higher capacity magazines was halted. This gun-control strategy soon proved to be a failure. A comprehensive study by the Centers for Disease Control -- hardly a pro-gun entity -- looked at the full panoply of gun-control measures, including this ban, and concluded that none could be proven to reduce crime. Another study, commissioned by Congress, found that bans were not effective since "the banned weapons and magazines were never used in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders."

NSSF is encouraging all gun owners, sportsmen and hunters to contact their state representative, senator and all members of the Judiciary Committee immediately and urge them to oppose Sen. Looney's magazine ban.

To find your legislator, click here.

To contact the Joint Committee on the Judiciary, click here

During the gun ban era, the box magazines were still produced. Those were marked "Military and Law Enforcement only" or such.

And it's stupid to limit capacity as you change them out fast enough on most guns to not even notice the break.

How will they get around those fiorearms such as some SKS's that have a 20 round fixed magazine

5. They wonder why the state is so broke, its cause they have to sit there and draft crap like this... I am sure the bad guys will gladly turn in all their illegal mags. Its a knee jerk reaction to what happened in AZ. Yes it was tragic but with this law I only be able to kill 10 people instead of more with having to reload... I mean come on really? Also the state police are prepared to confiscate them... They have just as many as the citizens do. Will they have to turn in their private weapons. Who is going to pay the OT for the troopers to go around and collect all these? To top it all off if your caught with it... A CLASS D FELONY!! If it wasnt for work Id move out of this crummy state.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb908 View Post
    They wonder why the state is so broke, its cause they have to sit there and draft crap like this... I am sure the bad guys will gladly turn in all their illegal mags. Its a knee jerk reaction to what happened in AZ. Yes it was tragic but with this law I only be able to kill 10 people instead of more with having to reload... I mean come on really? Also the state police are prepared to confiscate them... They have just as many as the citizens do. Will they have to turn in their private weapons. Who is going to pay the OT for the troopers to go around and collect all these? To top it all off if your caught with it... A CLASS D FELONY!! If it wasnt for work Id move out of this crummy state.
    As attractive as moving away sounds, we need as many pro gun peeps there as possible to keep **** like this from passing.

I hope some lawyer will take notice of Summary of U.S. v. Emerson
    Summary of U.S. v. Emerson
    The court noted:

"Although, as we have held, the Second Amendment does
    protect individual rights, that does not mean that those rights may
    never be made subject to any limited, narrowly tailored specific
    exceptions or restrictions for particular cases that are reasonable and
    not inconsistent with the right of Americans generally to individually
    keep and bear their private arms as historically understood in this
    country."

Historically understood, would be to keep and bear arms to bear arms being a military term.

If you restrict the magazine capacity you are restricting the effectiveness of the militia

Another gift from the Liberal Left... The entire east coast has become a cesspool of mindless progressive liberals who will not stop until they can get their signatures on the new Standard Operating Procedure for Subjects of the US...

"There will be no more high capacity magazines in Sombertown"..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Another gift from the Liberal Left... The entire east coast has become a cesspool of mindless progressive liberals who will not stop until they can get their signatures on the new Standard Operating Procedure for Subjects of the US.
    We are trying to avoid that in SC. However I think just because of this thread I am going to buy some more magazines for my Glock. Maybe even some of the 22 round 40S&W magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    We are trying to avoid that in SC. However I think just because of this thread I am going to buy some more magazines for my Glock. Maybe even some of the 22 round 40S&W magazines.
    Yup... Grabbed a few factory Colt 30rd AR mags at the last gun show here. Picked a few Beretta 15 rd mags for the 92FS..

It is getting 4King ridiculous. Time to stand ground and make a point, loudly...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast