1911... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1911...

I bought my Kimber used, and saved about $150. It had only had about a hundred rounds put through it and for the life of me, can't figure out why the other guy didn't like it.
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

I have read good things about the Rock Island 1911s. I have an Auto Ordnance I have been quit pleased with.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I agree a Used Kimber from a trustworthy source would be worth it or a new base model springer.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySoldier View Post
    Hey guys, ArmySoldier here. I was just looking for some input. I have a buddy in the navy (honest mistake) that I work with who is dying to get a 1911. However his wife is limiting the budget. I suggested a Kimber but was looking for some more options before I drag him to the couple of guns stores. Which are few and far between up here in northwest Maryland.
    www.gunbroker.com has some good deals too. I've never searched for a 1911 on there, but I'm sure the have them. The only downside to Gunbroker is that you have to pay an FFL usually around $25 to do the transfer.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I have read good things about the Rock Island 1911s. I have an Auto Ordnance I have been quit pleased with.
    Rock Island 1911 is probably the best for the money. A little TLC, a ramp job, a trigger job and you can shoot anything you feed it. All Colt parts will fit it so it can be set up any way he likes.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

The Taurus Pt 1911 comes in blued or stainless not chrome. But it is a nice firearm and several hundered under the kimber.

I've got the Taurus and it's really worth the money. It may not be as "cool" as the Kimber, but it's been really reliable. It comes with a lot of standard features that usually add to the price of a gun and I've had absolutely zero problems with it. I'll still buy a Kimber one day, but I won't be getting rid of the Taurus.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

I would second the motion on Taurus. I don't own a Taurus 1911, but I do own 3 other models. A PT145 Millennium, A 24/7-C Compact 9mm, and a 24/7 OSS 9mm. These are all totally reliable, accurate, and were easy on my pocketbook.

boyzoi Guest
    Whats expensive.....you can buy a new Colt and S&W for a bit over $700, a new Springfield or Ruger Phoenix for a bit over $600.

11. Must know the budget.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast