Searching for Gun Nuts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching for Gun Nuts?

Searching for Gun Nuts?

Will this be an exploitation of some fringe-whacko-overenthusiastic-cowboys
    painting a poor picture of self-defense enthusiasts, or a fair and accurate picture of me? Someone who's boring and wants to avoid armed conflicts.

Only time will tell.

Casting for avid gun users! : RealityWanted.com: Reality TV, Game Show, Talk Show, News - All Things Unscripted Social Network Casting Community
    Peace through superior firepower.

I am boring and want to avoid armed conflicts, and unarmed also. But if the time comes when someone forces me to defend my family, or myself. There is no measure of the superior violence that I will bestow upon them. Am I a gun nut? Sure why not?

4. Think about 21st century American television for a moment.

Think about the "reality" shows you've seen.

Do you think the average gun enthusiast, the guy who is friendly, happy, and fascinated with the design details of every gun from an 1895 Nagant to the latest KelTec shotgun, will be who they feature on the show?

Or do you think it more likely that they want "Jerry Springer with Guns?"
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Felix View Post
    Think about 21st century American television for a moment.

Think about the "reality" shows you've seen.

Do you think the average gun enthusiast, the guy who is friendly, happy, and fascinated with the design details of every gun from an 1895 Nagant to the latest KelTec shotgun, will be who they feature on the show?

Or do you think it more likely that they want "Jerry Springer with Guns?"
    I'll take Door B Bob.

If you haven't seen an episode of Top Shot on History Channel, go and watch it...you might learn something...

it is a reality show that features using different kinds of weapons. All of the contestants are sharpshooters and good at what they do...still someone has to be eliminted...This coming Sunday (9pm Central time...) will be the episode on the fastest shot using a 1911.

So what is wrong with reality tv? Nothing. -- I enjoy this one at least....it is the only reality show that I watch...just happens to be about guns and stuffs relating to weapon use.
    Cheers,
    Izzie
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Izzie,

I'm a big fan of Top Shot 1 and 2. Maybe you'll learn something too. I know I did. I have also been known to listen to podcasts of Tom Gresham's GunTalk, and Sunday night I can catch the last hour of Armed American Radio during my drive home from an IDPA match. (Mark is a dork, btw.)
    I'm not a fan of reality shows either, never even having seen a full episode of Lost or Survivor. You know why? It's no more realistic than an editor and director deciding which 45 minutes of footage you get to see out of the last 168 hours. I gave Top Shot a view because Masaad Ayoob suggested it on his blog.
    Spoiler alert! Most people who like reality shows enjoy the crashing egos and frazzled emotions. I watch top shot for the competition and the guns. I have to admit. I got caught up in the drama a little bit, but I was anchored by the reality that most of the time, the director has to incite a little excitement where there might not be all that much excitement.
    I fear the casting call from my original post has less integrity than Top Shot.
    I fear the director and editors will choose the egos and idiots that create footage that won't be flattering to the general permit carrying community.

Cheers
    Peace through superior firepower.

Reality TV is fine if it's done correctly. Top Shot is a good example. This one just doesn't feel right. Biggest question I have is who is doing this show and what's their agenda...

We are looking for outgoing and opinionated members of the strong, proud right to bear arms community that would like to share their way of life with someone who has never been on a shooting range, to actually experience the thrill. Also, we'd like the group to explain to us how owning a gun is a great way of self defense.

Here is a chance for you to make a case for your way of life and to allow people who have never enjoyed the thrill of your community to enter your world.

Note: Looking for gun enthusiasts who own multiple weapons.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I will be the cynical one it say it is the government looking for idiots that are dumb enough to sign up for this show.

We are looking for outgoing and opinionated members of the strong, proud right to bear arms community that would like to share their way of life with someone who has never been on a shooting range, to actually experience the thrill. Also, We are looking for outgoing and opinionated members of the strong, proud right to bear arms community that would like to share their way of life with someone who has never been on a shooting range, to actually experience the thrill. Also, we'd like the group to explain to us how owning a gun is a great way of self defense.

Here is a chance for you to make a case for your way of life and to allow people who have never enjoyed the thrill of your community to enter your world.

Note: Looking for gun enthusiasts who own multiple weapons.
    The items in red cause my red flags to pop up. I have never experienced this thrill that they keep saying we have. For I do not carry a firearm to get a thrill. I carry it for protection. Which is the reason the item highlighted in blue should need no explanation and sent up the biggest red flag in my mind.

I believe this is going to be a twisted pos like the dateline "your concealed weapon is of no use".

I hope I am wrong and that it will be more like the Top Shot show and will have people who know how to handle their firearms safely. And will start with the safety rule first before just taking the non shooters to the range and letting them have at it.

As they say lets wait and see how it turns outs.

Quote Originally Posted by RoastedTurkey View Post
    Izzie,

I'm a big fan of Top Shot 1 and 2. Maybe you'll learn something too. I know I did. I have also been known to listen to podcasts of Tom Gresham's GunTalk, and Sunday night I can catch the last hour of Armed American Radio during my drive home from an IDPA match. (Mark is a dork, btw.)
    I'm not a fan of reality shows either, never even having seen a full episode of Lost or Survivor. You know why? It's no more realistic than an editor and director deciding which 45 minutes of footage you get to see out of the last 168 hours. I gave Top Shot a view because Masaad Ayoob suggested it on his blog.
    Spoiler alert! Most people who like reality shows enjoy the crashing egos and frazzled emotions. I watch top shot for the competition and the guns. I have to admit. I got caught up in the drama a little bit, but I was anchored by the reality that most of the time, the director has to incite a little excitement where there might not be all that much excitement.
    I fear the casting call from my original post has less integrity than Top Shot.
    I fear the director and editors will choose the egos and idiots that create footage that won't be flattering to the general permit carrying community.

Cheers
    Ayayayayyyy...ouch! Thanks for letting me know. I was in the film industry for a long time (semi retired now...) I know what it's like and how storylines goes and how much drama is involved, including egos. In a way I am still doing films now though in a small way but that is another story.

I just feel there is something fishy about asking for people with multiple guns to participate so I lightened up the topic a little bit...and who doesn't own "multiple weapons"? (I just gotta try that Twin Browning 50 Caliber M2HB next )... Will I be able to afford to own multiple weapons? I own multiple cameras...weapons? Naaahhhhh...children and bridezillas are enough for me to go to war with.
    Cheerios...
    Izzie
    Mediographer.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Well, not for nuthin', but I threw my hat into the ring:

Robert's Profile : RealityWanted.com: Reality TV, Game Show, Talk Show, News - All Things Unscripted Social Network Casting Community

And I promise to represent the liberal, intellectual, non-shitkicker gun-ownership viewpoint should I get picked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast